Taycan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a delivery date for this Saturday (May 14th), which I've been waiting for 5 months and this morning I woke up to an email from my sales advisor saying there was a software glitch preventing the issuing of license.
Below you can see (sorry, it's in Dutch) the ETA of the bug fixes (Week 23 for the Taycans).
It roughly translates to:
"
Overview
Due to a software problem, the personalized login of the vehicle user to the central computer (PCM) is not possible.
This makes the PCM Web Apps, personalized services and remote access not available.
To ensure customer satisfaction, depending on the vehicle's construction status, the Gateway control unit must be programmed before delivery with an updated data status.

Vehicle usage
The vehicles may only be driven for loading and unloading purposes in the transport chain.
Further use is not permitted. Test drives should be avoided.
"

As anyone received the same or know what's behind this?

Rectangle Font Circle Number Screenshot

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a delivery date for this Saturday (May 14th), which I've been waiting for 5 months and this morning I woke up to an email from my sales advisor saying there was a software glitch preventing the issuing of license.
Below you can see (sorry, it's in Dutch) the ETA of the bug fixes (Week 23 for the Taycans).
It roughly translates to:
"
Overview
Due to a software problem, the personalized login of the vehicle user to the central computer (PCM) is not possible.
This makes the PCM Web Apps, personalized services and remote access not available.
To ensure customer satisfaction, depending on the vehicle's construction status, the Gateway control unit must be programmed before delivery with an updated data status.

Vehicle usage
The vehicles may only be driven for loading and unloading purposes in the transport chain.
Further use is not permitted. Test drives should be avoided.
"

As anyone received the same or know what's behind this?

View attachment 3857
Odd because they only program PCM once the vehicle is sold. Once I purchased mine the PCM WAS UPDATED. I know of others delayed but it was because the EPA was dragging their feet but that was in CA. They now have their car.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think this was fake news (again).
They're delivering here in Germany plus a friend at one of the largest local dealers didn't hear about the problem.

Key issue is still the Ukraine situation, which definitely creates (and will continue to do so) major issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.