Taycan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plugged in my car today in EA 150 unit and bingo the car connected with the unit and started charging. I did not choose it from the app.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not If I understood the question? you need to check the Plug n Charge box to be able to plug n charge without the app

·
Registered
'17 Model S, '20 Taycan 4S, '12 Mercedes 450GL
20 Posts
Interesting! Did you check the Plug n Charge in an app (EA, Charging America, Porsche Connect), or in the car settings somewhere?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The following is a release from my dealer - announcement from March 27:

Announcement: Plug & Charge functionality in testing and not ready for customer use.

Currently we have been fielding questions about when Plug & Charge will be turned on for the US market. Despite the ability to toggle P&C on and off in the vehicle and in the Charging NA app, we recommend you inform your customers to keep Plug & Charge goggled off until we get the final testing results and that the full functionality is ready. If the customer turns the function on, there is an increased chance of failure for initiating a charging session. In the meantime, we continue to recommend the use of the Porsche Connect and Charging NA apps to initiate all Porsche Charging Service sessions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I plugged in my car today in EA 150 unit and bingo the car connected with the unit and started charging. I did not choose it from the app.
I went yesterday for my first trial run to charge outside my home (I didn't need electric, it was a test to see if I was set up correctly). I went to a ChargePoint at a BMW dealer first and no issue. Stopped after 1 minute. Then followed the car Navigation to an Electrify America spot at a large Mall. The best part of the app is it knows exactly where the charger is!!!!!! I picked up the plug, put it in my car, the screen said "Hi Richard" and poof it just started working. I got 40% charge in 20 minutes from 150. My test results exceeded my expectations!

·
Registered
32 Posts
In
What year or software do you have?
I haven't tried yet but I got my Taycan yesterday, in the setup there is an option for activating this feature. I thought it wasn't available yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine is 2021, I got it a month ago, yes check the box in plug and charge and you should be set to go! it worked with me so far.

·
Registered
57 Posts
To clarify, the Announcement and Dealer aren't saying that P&C isn't working yet. They are saying it isn't 'ready' for widespread use yet because it's not reliable and could cause problems with normal charging sessions.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just tried on the station at the Florida Mall in Orlando and it works!!!
I just plug it and the whole process when flawless, although it was a 350kW only charged at max of 111kWh.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts