Taycan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled into a EA charging station today, plugged in and screen read Payment Declined. I called EA they they got me connected but they suggested I contact Porsche to see if there is an issue with Plug and Charge. So I did and there is an issue. Apparently its system wide and they are working on the fix. In the meantime they told me I can either use the Porsche Connect App or call EA and they will connect me. Hopefully, it was be fixed before my next charge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same here! Both yesterday and today. Anyone else?

Pulled into a EA charging station today, plugged in and screen read Payment Declined. I called EA they they got me connected but they suggested I contact Porsche to see if there is an issue with Plug and Charge. So I did and there is an issue. Apparently its system wide and they are working on the fix. In the meantime they told me I can either use the Porsche Connect App or call EA and they will connect me. Hopefully, it was be fixed before my next charge.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was told is a system wide issue so I would think in not working anywhere. BTW welcome to the forum MissMarple.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes. 8 in the last 8 years.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just spoke with my Porsche sales associate and he told me the issue has not been fixed yet. They are still working on it and hope to have it resolved soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nope. Never will.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone tried Plug and Charge today?

·
Registered
2021 Taycan RWD
7 Posts
Anyone tried Plug and Charge today?
I charged my Taycan today at my EA charger to test the Plug and Charge. It worked! However, the app still says “You have not yet configured your vehicle…” Plug and Charge still works anyway on the Charging app. Is anyone else in the same situation?

On a side note, I met a nice, friendly Taycan Turbo owner at the charging station. If you’re on here, I forgot to say that I love the rims on your Taycan.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tried it myself today and it is working.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Two places I stay away from are the "Hood" and EA charging stations. The former is real while the latter is nothing but a poorly organized effortless joke on behalf of VW to alleviate their fine in the diesel mileage fiasco. There is a grand total of 1 (ONE) EA charging station in the whole area of Orlando and that one is at a damn mall and always empty because it simply does not work. I am an old fart and charge at home but have an adapter which allows me to utilize Tesla chargers, but not the super chargers when I venture off on a road trip.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
154 Posts
Two places I stay away from are the "Hood" and EA charging stations. The former is real while the latter is nothing but a poorly organized effortless joke on behalf of VW to alleviate their fine in the diesel mileage fiasco. There is a grand total of 1 (ONE) EA charging station in the whole area of Orlando and that one is at a damn mall and always empty because it simply does not work. I am an old fart and charge at home but have an adapter which allows me to utilize Tesla chargers, but not the super chargers when I venture off on a road trip.
actually that location is one of the ones I have been able to get a charge. yes the demographics of the customers of the mall isn't exactly upscale I've been at chargers in far worse locations.

·
Registered
68 Posts
actually that location is one of the ones I have been able to get a charge. yes the demographics of the customers of the mall isn't exactly upscale I've been at chargers in far worse locations.
I live in Sanford a few miles west of I-4 and it's not worth the effort to drive to the Millenia Mall. And, even if it worked for you it wouldn't for me. I am living proof of Murphy's Law.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not happy with EA stations. 70 % of the time need to call and change to different outlets. Once over an hour on phone, never resolved and limped home to plug in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Trade the Porsche on a Tesla. My Porsche became a paper weight after 4 months……

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I go to the same EA station every time and its worked for me 99% of the time. I've had only two issues. The first was EA fault and I simply moved to another charger and the second was Porsche's fault. Plug and Charge was down. I simply called EA and they hooked me up.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Taycan
24 Posts
We recently took a trip to Vegas, stopping in Barstow for a charge at EA. They had both 350 kw and 150 kw chargers, all functioning just fine. Got our charge and got back on the road. Once in Vegas, we stopped at an EA charger--also with both 150 and 350 kw chargers. One of the 350 kw chargers had a malfunctioning screen. One of the 150 kw chargers refused to "connect" with the car. The next 350 kw charger charged at a super slow speed (like less than 2 miles per minute), but enough to get us where we needed to go.
When we left a few days later, we went back to the same EA charger in Vegas to "top off" to get us back to Barstow. A technician was working on that super slow 350 kw charger. We got what we needed from the 150 and my husband went to talk to the tech. The tech said that the 350 with the malfunctioning screen was out of commission due to having to order parts. Apparently they knew of the super slow charge coming from the other 350 and he was trying to diagnose the problem.
Back in Barstow, all machines functioning well and we got our charge to get us home.
I went to an EA yesterday near my home (all chargers are 150 kw and all functioning well) and got from 28 to 85% in only 25 minutes. At one point, the 150 kw charger was giving me 6 miles a minute. I don't know if I've seen it that fast before. But that said, a few weeks back, I was at this same charger and 5 of the 6 chargers all read "payment declined." Thankfully one was working and I got my charge.
I'll be really happy when my husband's "friend" who is an electrician finally gets around to installing our 50 amp in our garage!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Trade the Porsche on a Tesla. My Porsche became a paper weight after 4 months……
No Sir I have confidence Porsche will resolve these issues which are problematic but few considering how many are on the road worldwide. I will admit Tesla has its act together with respect to software, but is eons behind Porsche for quality, (especially)appearance, and handling. (and for those who buy Porsches to be "hip", snob appeal.) ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts