Porsche Taycan EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
But how far can it go on a charge lol? Neat toy and I bet it will be the first of many Taycan memorabilia.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Would a smart marketing play for Porsche to spend some money to have the Taycan featured in some upcoming films. That's played out well for Audi to debut their futuristic models.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I would love to see that and ultimately used as a theme where they have multiple vehicles as a fleet. Fast and the Furious did well at using chargers as police cars and then later turned into chase vehicles for one of the last parts of the film. Compared to other movies i have seen its unique and translate well into sales. Porsche has a great opportunity here.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I could see it in a futuristic sci fi film or maybe even something like James Bond. I know they have exclusively had AM vehicles as the centerpiece, but its only a matter of time before they transition to electrics. Rapid E maybe?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I could see it in a futuristic sci fi film or maybe even something like James Bond. I know they have exclusively had AM vehicles as the centerpiece, but its only a matter of time before they transition to electrics. Rapid E maybe?
Aston Martin hasn't shown any willingness to upgrade design with the new powertrain. Rapide E from what I seen looks like a normal Rapide.
Porsche on the other hand targeted everything we could possibly as for and all the resources to back it up being part of VW.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Its been mentioned that Aston Martin is considering some higher volume products, and since all performance brands are moving towards EV's that would make the most sense. The reason why AM has done little with design over the years is because they've found a timeless formula. I still find them to be some of the sharpest looking cars, aside from their outdated interiors.

·
Registered
415 Posts
modeling after what Mercedes has done with coupe styled sedans should serve Aston Martin well to the extent I think a baby-Rapide could sell well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unless you're an AM loyalist, I dont know why you would take the RapidE over the Taycan in the first place. You're paying a huge premium for something just for the badging and we know its using the exact same electric powerplant as Porsche.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Unless you're an AM loyalist, I dont know why you would take the RapidE over the Taycan in the first place. You're paying a huge premium for something just for the badging and we know its using the exact same electric powerplant as Porsche.
Porsche also has a lot more going into the Taycan from every angle as they claim.
Aston Martin only interests me when it comes to buying something with a V12, aside from that they have a lot to prove.
The new Vanquish is a sign of hope for future models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts