Taycan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2022 Taycan RWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else experience this? I would hate to have to schedule service for this - I just finally got the damn car!

Basically, I can still program the 3 tubes on main display but the PCM dash to the right just keeps blinking PORSCHE which means I cannot use navigation, Apple Car Play or any other features accessible there. At the same time, the remote trunk closing feature stopped working.

A display under the PCM monitor says "Car must be sufficiently charged for PCM to function." Its at 79% full.

I am going to try to charge it tonight (it doesn't need a charge) to see if it reboots itself.

· Registered
7 Posts
Hi..not had that specific problem but having had a turbo s fir 14 months I can reliably report that their software is comprehensively and by some distance the worst piece of car software I have ever encountered. The response is different every single time i start the car up… different range, functionality not recalled, ligin not displaying or working, error messages, stored settings not loading… the list is endless and beyond a joke for a car costing £150k…. I truly hope porsche people read these notice boards and take note. The software needs to be sorted out asap.

QUOTE="Porsche4Life, post: 14041, member: 4787"]
Anybody else experience this? I would hate to have to schedule service for this - I just finally got the damn car!

Basically, I can still program the 3 tubes on main display but the PCM dash to the right just keeps blinking PORSCHE which means I cannot use navigation, Apple Car Play or any other features accessible there. At the same time, the remote trunk closing feature stopped working.

A display under the PCM monitor says "Car must be sufficiently charged for PCM to function." Its at 79% full.

I am going to try to charge it tonight (it doesn't need a charge) to see if it reboots itself.
[/QUOTE]

· Registered
10 Posts
Another advantage of custom enterprise software is its customization. A custom web application is more functional than a generic application. It can help you streamline critical business processes and improve employee and customer satisfaction. The process is tailored to your needs. A company's requirements and workflow are important. Hence, a customized web application can be a key asset for its growth. If you need to have a custom-built enterprise software, it is best to hire a professional developer mlsdev.com/services/it-staff-augmentation that understands the industry's needs and can meet your business's objectives.

· Registered
2020 Taycan 4S
9 Posts
Hi..not had that specific problem but having had a turbo s fir 14 months I can reliably report that their software is comprehensively and by some distance the worst piece of car software I have ever encountered. The response is different every single time i start the car up… different range, functionality not recalled, ligin not displaying or working, error messages, stored settings not loading… the list is endless and beyond a joke for a car costing £150k…. I truly hope porsche people read these notice boards and take note. The software needs to be sorted out asap.

QUOTE="Porsche4Life, post: 14041, member: 4787"]

[/QUOTE]

I have had random software issues ever since I got my 4S in August of '20. Recently the phone started going through a whole new program to make a call. The initial of the intended was displayed in a circle, and completing the call required different actions. After about a week, it reverted to normal.

An update recently left me with a vague blur on the screen where the car icon used to be. I found a fellow named Doug at Redwood City Porsche who actually understands the software (in marked contradistinction to Stevens Creek) fiddled with the buttons and restored the image. On the way home, it disappeared again. I did nothing, and about 10 days later it came back again.

The function that made the car go nuts when lanes merged or divided was successfully eliminated.

· Registered
49 Posts
Yes.....welcome to one of the best cars ever built (hardware wise) and one of the worst (software wise). Porsche USA itself is basically useless, so watch You Tube videos and use forums to learn how to deal with their poor software interfaces.
There are so many complaints about the PCM that Porsche has to know it is an issue. Even if the errors
were fixed and it worked as Porsche intended it would still be frustrating because it is horribly designed and completely use UNfriendly.

So, either Porsche doesn’t really care or they are incompetent…or both. Either way is not good, especially because high tech software is a big part of the future for the automotive world.

· Registered
2020 Taycan Turbo S
50 Posts
Yes.....welcome to one of the best cars ever built (hardware wise) and one of the worst (software wise). Porsche USA itself is basically useless, so watch You Tube videos and use forums to learn how to deal with their poor software interfaces.
It's a great riding, handling and performing car. That's why I still have it. But the electronic glitches, the ridiculous error messages, the multiple repairs that have been needed - these are worst that my wifes Range Rover, and that's saying a lot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.