Taycan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Taycan for three weeks. PCM keeps having issues. Sometimes, it doesn't download maps, sometimes it doesn't load Radio info. It can't save any favorites, home address or work address. It doesn't take any addresses sent from Porsche Connect. The dealer told me there are two updates to be installed but I have to wait 3 weeks. Does anyone have similar problems? Any solutions? Thanks.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
I've had my Taycan for three weeks. PCM keeps having issues. Sometimes, it doesn't download maps, sometimes it doesn't load Radio info. It can't save any favorites, home address or work address. It doesn't take any addresses sent from Porsche Connect. The dealer told me there are two updates to be installed but I have to wait 3 weeks. Does anyone have similar problems? Any solutions? Thanks.
The only issue I have had with the PCM is my Sirius XM would not load. It just kept saying loading. I stopped by to see my Sales Associate and he told me he had a work around to fix that issue which he did and I have had no problems since.

See the below thread for instructions.

Taycan Sirius XM Not Available (Greyed Out)
TagsNone

· Registered
49 Posts
I had similar and various issues in the first few weeks, but not so much after had the car 3 months. My radio would not show, SiriusXM wouldn’t show, Nav disappeared, etc. I think the automatic Over The Air (OTA) updates solved many of the problems. These were not manual updates.

Still, sometimes certain features take a couple minutes or longer to load after starting the car (like my home address in the Nav), but it’s probably all good now. It’s just a slow system.

One of my biggest gripes is how locking the car by touching the handle doesn’t always work on the first touch and takes several touches to lock. Embarrassing for $100k to $200k cars and not fun when it’s raining.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
I had similar and various issues in the first few weeks, but not so much after had the car 3 months. My radio would not show, SiriusXM wouldn’t show, Nav disappeared, etc. I think the automatic Over The Air (OTA) updates solved many of the problems. These were not manual updates.

Still, sometimes certain features take a couple minutes or longer to load after starting the car (like my home address in the Nav), but it’s probably all good now. It’s just a slow system.

One of my biggest gripes is how locking the car by touching the handle doesn’t always work on the first touch and takes several touches to lock. Embarrassing for $100k to $200k cars and not fun when it’s raining.
Mine was doing that for a few days but now it seems to be working fine. I started press a little harder instead of just touching and that seems to have done the trick.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
Does it work okay with the key fab?

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
My newest issue is when I use voice command to give directions to my Navigation system it goes to my cell phone instead. Its probably something in setting so I will stop by my dealer tomorrow and set what's up.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
So I stopped by my dealer today and my Nav issue turned out to be operator error. I was holding the voice command button down too long and the directions went to Siri instead of the Nav system. Problem solved.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
So it seems like you solve one problem and another crops up. This afternoon my Sirius XM would not load and my Nav screen somewhat blurred so back to the dealer again. Fortunately my Sales Associate was available so we sat in my 4S and attempted to fix the problems. He decided to select privacy settling and then deselect it to reset Porsche Connect. Unfortunately once he did that the system would not allow him to exit the privacy setting so he decided to do a factory reset. This meant I would loose my radio station favorites as well as my navigation favorites and my cell phone connection along with several other settings I had selected. I told him go for it if that will fix the issue because I can always get those setting back. So we did and it did fix both issues. He then spent about 20 minutes re-entering all of my personal settings except for the Nav favorites which I told him I would take care of. Alls well the ends well.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
So it seems like you solve one problem and another crops up. This afternoon my Sirius XM would not load and my Nav screen somewhat blurred so back to the dealer again. Fortunately my Sales Associate was available so we sat in my 4S and attempted to fix the problems. He decided to select privacy settling and then deselect it to reset Porsche Connect. Unfortunately once he did that the system would not allow him to exit the privacy setting so he decided to do a factory reset. This meant I would loose my radio station favorites as well as my navigation favorites and my cell phone connection along with several other settings I had selected. I told him go for it if that will fix the issue because I can always get those setting back. So we did and it did fix both issues. He then spent about 20 minutes re-entering all of my personal settings except for the Nav favorites which I told him I would take care of. Alls well the ends well.
As it turns out you don't lose your Nav favorites. When I checked this morning they were still there.

· Registered
4 Posts
Navigation Destinations Favorites
2021 Porsche Taycan Turbo S

When I add destinations as favorites either directly in the car or via the connect portal using Navigation Plus they just disappear from the favorites or recent destinations list in the vehicle after a few days.

Have had the car for 4 months and this happens regularly. Over 20-30 times.

Anyone know what to do about that.

Thanks,

Henri

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
I've had my 4S since June 7th and so far my Navigation destinations have stayed saved in my favorites. The only PCM issue I have had so far is my Sirius XM radio would not download and the Nav screen was blurred. A factor reset corrected both issues. Have you discussed your issue with your dealer? It might be something as simply as a software upgrade. By the way welcome to the forum. Glad to have you onboard.

· Registered
4 Posts
Thanks PG, I have written both to my dealer, and to Porsche, and have received no response as of yet (2 days). I will wait another day and call. I just had the latest recall upgrade but unaware if it updates everything or just those related to recall. I do get the impressions dealerships are not really expert on those issues. They often seem as lost as anyone else.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
Thanks PG, I have written both to my dealer, and to Porsche, and have received no response as of yet (2 days). I will wait another day and call. I just had the latest recall upgrade but unaware if it updates everything or just those related to recall. I do get the impressions dealerships are not really expert on those issues. They often seem as lost as anyone else.
I tend to agree with your assessment of the dealers staff not having an indepth knowledge of the electronic complexities of the new Taycan. I guess there is a learning curve they are still dealing with. We have to keep in mind they are essentially car mechanics and not necessarily IT experts. I'm guess with Covid-19 training has been sparse over the past year and a half.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Navigation Destinations Favorites
2021 Porsche Taycan Turbo S

When I add destinations as favorites either directly in the car or via the connect portal using Navigation Plus they just disappear from the favorites or recent destinations list in the vehicle after a few days.

Have had the car for 4 months and this happens regularly. Over 20-30 times.

Anyone know what to do about that.

Thanks,

Henri
I had same issues and other issues as well, and now ended up with replacement of PCM b/c they could not fix it.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
I had same issues and other issues as well, and now ended up with replacement of PCM b/c they could not fix it.
How long did it take the dealer to realize they were going to replace the PCM and how long did it actually take to replace it?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How long did it take the dealer to realize they were going to replace the PCM and how long did it actually take to replace it?
In a week they told me errors had been fixed and everything worked, and I was about to go pick up my car. But one day later, I was told the PCM needs to be replaced. It took them 2 weeks to replace it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.