Taycan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I recently purchased the Taycan and I'm thrilled with it... except for a few issues that I'm trying to work out. Hope someone knows the answer.

When I back the car up into a parking space, the car seems to jerk and stutter... preventing me from parking. When I turn the parking assist off
(because I think this is what is causing the stutter) the back-up camera also turns off.

It usually happens in the driveway... where I have a slight incline.

All I want to do is park the car, with the camera on... without technological assistance, and without jerking.

Thanks, V.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
866 Posts
This is a new one to me. Have you discussed this issue with your dealers service department? BTW welcome to the forum from Georgia.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Does the car do this on any incline in reverse? If so there might be a rear transmission issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the car does the stuttering on the incline of my driveway.
I've narrowed it down, with help from other owners, to the "HOLD" feature with prevents the car from rolling
down hills when stopped on a grade.
The solution so far is to not tap the brakes so much and so hard, which activates the HOLD mechanism, then the car is free to back up without a stutter.

It will take some practice and getting used to.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
866 Posts
Can you deactivate the hold function?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
866 Posts
When you are in reverse and the car shudder is the HOLD light illuminated?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was reversing... so, not looking at the dashboard so much. Im pretty sure its the HOLD function.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts