Porsche Taycan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a taycan turbo which was delivered with panel gaps ( accepted with reserves).I think this is an assembly line problem.Th Porsche reaction is very poor and totally disappointing.You should have not accepted the car,.......and now refusing to see evidences .......

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a taycan turbo which was delivered with panel gaps ( accepted with reserves).I think this is an assembly line problem.Th Porsche reaction is very poor and totally disappointing.You should have not accepted the car,.......and now refusing to see evidences .......
got some pictures to share .. am curious to see where/what these gaps are.. thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same complaint on other forums but no pictures. Account created 12 hours ago.... Mr GLINER do you have any pictures? What dealer did you buy your Taycan from. Do you have a build code we can take a look at? What specs do you have?

Which Tesla do you own? ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am confused, one picture shows a rear door that doesn’t seem fully closed, another shows a middle door that seems to have a gap that doesn’t match the one in the side picture. Ad what is going on with the rear bumper? Can you please state clearly which panels have irregular gaps?

The gaps in mine are as precise as any Audi or BMW I’ve owned, which is to say very regular and precise.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It looks like the car could have been in an accident. The bumper appears to be beat up a little and the rear door gap does look like the door isn't completely closed. Very unfortunate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had access to four Taycans (2x Turbo, 1x Turbo S, 1 x 4S) and all of them where in excellent shape and in perfect form. If the car was delivered to you in that shape then I would seriously question how the car was handled by the dealer.

Having seen the quality assurance process used for these more expensive cars at Porsche there should be no chance what so ever that this got through QA. They measure gaps using robots and the measured values are stored in your cars production log.

Look at the process for a Macan. A car that costs almost half of what a T4S costs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car is 387 Kms brand new and Porsche very difficult to move !!!!
Alll the doors were fully closed’

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not working for Porsche !I don’t have a Tesla allow me to be
A disappointed customer!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ok Folks, we can agree on the notion that not all car, or for that matter, Taycan ownerships will be the "same" across the board for all. Appreciate GLINER posting pics of his car. I don't understand how a Taycan could be delivered in such a state as claimed due to Porsche's QA protocols and we don't have a backstory of communication between him and Porsche for the remedy of such defects. In my own Porsche ownership history, my Porsche dealer has been very accommodating to remedy any deflects prior to or after delivery of any previous Porsche i have owned and made sure that the Porsche brand stood up to its pedigree, hence my continued brand support with the purchase of a Taycan Turbo.

Key takeaway lesson on this, imo: do not feel obligated to take delivery of ANY car if you see ANY defects while doing your inspection walk-around prior to accepting delivery. I am a die-hard Porsche fan/owner.. always will be but I do not play around even if it is Porsche - if I see any little defect ( paint, trim misalignment, ect ) during my delivery, i politely make myself heard and have it fixed & as much as it sucks to have to wait/postpone a Porsche delivery.. i will do so until the defects have been remedied .. that includes my July Taycan Turbo delivery.

We pay good $ for our Taycans & Porsche has to date not disappointed me by backing up its promise to support its cars and my ownership/brand support .. just be respectful, be direct and handle the matter internally as Porsche tends to frown upon airing "dirty" laundry online/publicly .. hence my good standing with my dealer & rep and my preferred status

·
Registered
13 Posts
@AUnHawk, I could not agree more. When the Audi TT first came out my wife special ordered one. It arrived 6 months later and had some body and paint defects that the dealer offered to fix and repaint. We weren't interested in a "repaired" new car so we simply did not accept it and walked away.

·
Registered
232 Posts
TIP:
pay a good mechanic or a pro at inspecting new cars that you trust to go with you on delivery day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can see that some people spend a lot of time on this forum.....
...everybody knows that car makers follow their reputation.......
Bizzarely Porsche seems to be more accommodating......

·
Super Moderator
632 Posts
I can see that some people spend a lot of time on this forum.....
...everybody knows that car makers follow their reputation.......
Bizzarely Porsche seems to be more accommodating......
So are you saying you've gotten a better response from Porsche after posting this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
In that case lets hope they do right by you and fix or compensate you for the issues. Although I think it's a bit hard to see major issues with the car pictured above. I guess you have to see it your self to be able to judge fairly. ;)

What still remains to be seen is where this damage occurred. Was it manhandled at the dealer? Was this a result of COVID-19 chaos and factory shut downs?

My dealer would never hand over a car with visible faults. In the end it's all up to the people handing the car over.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts