Taycan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

First time post although read a lot of posts to make my choices. Placed the following order this week, was interested if people would suggest other options or if some added are worth it.

I decided to go with the 4CT as didn't feel i needed the extra speed/performance of the S and could put the savings into options to keep it around 100k and since had a number of Porsches over the years and handling has always been what I liked most. Plus coming from model x P100d other than the first week of owning nearly never floored it.

I also added ACC as i understand that by doing this you can upgrade if you like to Innodrive, if I'm correct?

looking forward to a step up in build and handling on the Model X.

·
Registered
2012 Cayenne S | 2020 Taycan Turbo
46 Posts
Hi All,

First time post although read a lot of posts to make my choices. Placed the following order this week, was interested if people would suggest other options or if some added are worth it.

I decided to go with the 4CT as didn't feel i needed the extra speed/performance of the S and could put the savings into options to keep it around 100k and since had a number of Porsches over the years and handling has always been what I liked most. Plus coming from model x P100d other than the first week of owning nearly never floored it.

I also added ACC as i understand that by doing this you can upgrade if you like to Innodrive, if I'm correct?

looking forward to a step up in build and handling on the Model X.
I don’t know if the Adaptive Cruise Control can later be upgraded to InnoDrive but, in my opinion, the additional functionalities of InnoDrive above what you get with Adaptive Cruise Control are worth ZERO.

I have InnoDrive in my Taycan and within 2 days I had to turn it off and have never used it since. The problem with InnoDrive is when you are driving on secondary or tertiary roads (where the system doesn’t have adequate data), the Control Control does not work at all. You get an error message saying “Insufficient Data“ when you try to set your cruising speed. The Adaptive Cruise Control gives me everything I want and need (including maintaining a safe distance from the vehicles in front and coming to a complete stop if necessary). The Adaptive Cruise Control is a great way to drive in heavy traffic and I believe you’ll be very happy with it.

Regarding your question about additional options, I think you did a great job selecting options for this vehicle and I have only one suggested option for you. I recommend you spend the extra £522 to upgrade to the ParkAssist including Surround View. I have that option and I am glad I have it almost every single day I drive. It’s very good to have in parking lots where it shows you how well (or not so well) you are parking within the painted lines.

My last comment is that you obviously have great taste and this Taycan is going to look fantastic. The color, wheel choice, added black accents on the exterior including the door handles and, most important, the interior accents in Neodyme make this a truly beautiful and unique Taycan. Well done sir!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So I'm now thinking that it maybe better to change my order to the GTS since for only around 10k more than my CT4 build you get a decent amount more with the car, what are other people thoughts?

I also understand the setup and motors are upgraded or had software updates. Plus if i'm correct it comes with the new Pan roof on the GTS. only thing that I cant seem to add to the GTS interior is the Accent Package Neodyme, which i'm hoping can be added without having to change to another interior option.
The Porsche Code

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I'm now thinking that it maybe better to change my order to the GTS since for only around 10k more than my CT4 build you get a decent amount more with the car, what are other people thoughts?

I also understand the setup and motors are upgraded or had software updates. Plus if i'm correct it comes with the new Pan roof on the GTS. only thing that I cant seem to add to the GTS interior is the Accent Package Neodyme, which i'm hoping can be added without having to change to another interior option.
The Porsche Code
I'm happy to share my thoughts about you spending about 10K more for the GTS version you've optioned up versus the 4CT you have on order.

It's true that the GTS version provides a bit more value for the money spent and what you get for the extra money are several small/minor differences and one BIG difference. The small differences include Porsche Torque Vectoring, a lower ride height than the Cross Turismo versions (which to me is a positive but might be a negative to some who want to do some light duty off roading), different front nose and rear diffuser treatments and no body cladding (which I think is a positive - - the GTS looks much better IMHO without the body cladding above the wheel wells that all of the Cross Turismo's have). The Electric Sport Sound in the GTS is also supposed to be louder and deeper than the other Taycan. However, the BIG difference is the increased power and incredible acceleration of the GTS over the base 4CT model.

I think the real question is "Do you want to spend about 10K more to have a much more powerful and significantly faster Taycan?" I think it really is as simple as that despite all of the other small differences.

My personal experience is that I was originally looking to acquire a Taycan 4S (the RWD model wasn't yet released) because I felt it was more than fast enough and I didn't want to pay a crazy price premium for more power and shorter 0 to 60 times. But as I was searching I found an opportunity to buy a very slightly used Turbo model (it was a dealer demonstrator car) and it happened to be priced about $10K above a comparable 4S model. I decided to purchase the Turbo despite it being way more powerful than what I really needed.

Now that I've owned the Turbo for quite some time, do I think I "wasted" the extra $10K I spent? My answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT! Having the mind boggling acceleration available for situations like merging into fast moving highway traffic or passing s slower vehicle on a one lane each way road makes driving both safer and a lot more enjoyable.

The Taycan GTS is nearly as powerful and nearly as fast as a Turbo model so I think you are smart to be tempting yourself with stepping up from a 4CT to a GTS. While it's a case of me spending your money, my advice is YES spend the extra 10K and treat yourself to the GTS!!

Regarding the lack of Neodyme Accents (my Turbo has them and they really do look great), I suggest you consider getting either of the black leather interiors (one is a no cost option). With the black leather you can

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm happy to share my thoughts about you spending about 10K more for the GTS version you've optioned up versus the 4CT you have on order.

It's true that the GTS version provides a bit more value for the money spent and what you get for the extra money are several small/minor differences and one BIG difference. The small differences include Porsche Torque Vectoring, a lower ride height than the Cross Turismo versions (which to me is a positive but might be a negative to some who want to do some light duty off roading), different front nose and rear diffuser treatments and no body cladding (which I think is a positive - - the GTS looks much better IMHO without the body cladding above the wheel wells that all of the Cross Turismo's have). The Electric Sport Sound in the GTS is also supposed to be louder and deeper than the other Taycan. However, the BIG difference is the increased power and incredible acceleration of the GTS over the base 4CT model.

I think the real question is "Do you want to spend about 10K more to have a much more powerful and significantly faster Taycan?" I think it really is as simple as that despite all of the other small differences.

My personal experience is that I was originally looking to acquire a Taycan 4S (the RWD model wasn't yet released) because I felt it was more than fast enough and I didn't want to pay a crazy price premium for more power and shorter 0 to 60 times. But as I was searching I found an opportunity to buy a very slightly used Turbo model (it was a dealer demonstrator car) and it happened to be priced about $10K above a comparable 4S model. I decided to purchase the Turbo despite it being way more powerful than what I really needed.

Now that I've owned the Turbo for quite some time, do I think I "wasted" the extra $10K I spent? My answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT! Having the mind boggling acceleration available for situations like merging into fast moving highway traffic or passing s slower vehicle on a one lane each way road makes driving both safer and a lot more enjoyable.

The Taycan GTS is nearly as powerful and nearly as fast as a Turbo model so I think you are smart to be tempting yourself with stepping up from a 4CT to a GTS. While it's a case of me spending your money, my advice is YES spend the extra 10K and treat yourself to the GTS!!

Regarding the lack of Neodyme Accents (my Turbo has them and they really do look great), I suggest you consider getting either of the black leather interiors (one is a no cost option). With the black leather you can
With either of the black leather interior options you can order the Neodyme accents.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts you make a lot of sense. I think decision is made GTS it is. I may stick with the brushed aluminium as I do like the look of the GTS race tex.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts you make a lot of sense. I think decision is made GTS it is. I may stick with the brushed aluminium as I do like the look of the GTS race tex.
One more thought from me regarding the RaceTex which I understand you like better than leather.

I'd suggest you think about whether or not you really want the Steering Wheel to be wrapped in RaceTex. For me, there is no way my hand would feel good or "right" if my steering wheel were RaceTex. Both of my Porsche vehicles have leather wrapped steering wheels and they are the best feeling steering wheels of any of the 15 cars/SUV's I've owned in my lifetime.

Even if you do go with the RaceTex interior, I suggest you consider choosing the no cost Leather Wrapped steering wheel option which would be a color match to the rest of the interior and would likely feel much better in your hands IMHO.

Good luck with your Taycan Sport Turismo GTS!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts