Taycan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be ordering my first EV and first Porsche this week . . . a Cherry Metallic RWD. Would really appreciate any (negative) comments on the options I am considering as well any suggestions for others I should add . . .

Mission E wheels (with the upgraded brakes)
Adaptive Air Suspension
Power Seats (14 way) with Memory Package
Massage Seats
Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest
Window Trim in High Gloss Black
Under Door Puddle Light Projectors
Surround View
Ambient Lighting
Storage Package
Bose Surround Sound
Trunk Liner
Light Strip with "Porsche" Logo in Glacier Blue

Thanks . . .

· Registered
2020 Taycan 4S with Performance Battery
14 Posts
A lot of those are personal choice, but the brake upgrade should prove to be a waste of money. Most all of your braking will be regen, no matter which setting you use. The friction brakes will only come into play in full panic stops. I have had mine since Sept 2020, and have had hybrids for 10 years plus. No brake work is anticipated

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A lot of those are personal choice, but the brake upgrade should prove to be a waste of money. Most all of your braking will be regen, no matter which setting you use. The friction brakes will only come into play in full panic stops. I have had mine since Sept 2020, and have had hybrids for 10 years plus. No brake work is anticipated
Thanks for the comment . . . I should have been clearer with regards to the brakes. I am getting the "Porsche Surface Coated Brakes with Calipers in White" which are a $4,680 "option" that is REQUIRED when you get the Mission E wheels. Are there any options you got that you now think you could do without or any options you wish you had gotten?

· Registered
10 Posts
Honestly, I have never, ever been a fan of Bose equipment in a variety of cars I have owned over the years. Maybe it is the audiophile snob in me, but the quality of audio within the confines of a small car cabin do not allow appropriate acoustics. Then, you add in the outside noise, I just do not see the benefit. Just my two cents. The standard Porsche audio in the Taycan has "10 Speakers and a total Output of 150 Watts" . Bose adds a couple speakers and significantly higher wattage. However, I have never thought it was a good idea to have the volume so high as to cause permanent hearing damage!

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly, I have never, ever been a fan of Bose equipment in a variety of cars I have owned over the years. Maybe it is the audiophile snob in me, but the quality of audio within the confines of a small car cabin do not allow appropriate acoustics. Then, you add in the outside noise, I just do not see the benefit. Just my two cents. The standard Porsche audio in the Taycan has "10 Speakers and a total Output of 150 Watts" . Bose adds a couple speakers and significantly higher wattage. However, I have never thought it was a good idea to have the volume so high as to cause permanent hearing damage!
I'm far from an audiophile, but I was really impressed when my salesman hit the "Surround" button on the Bose in the test car I was driving.

· Registered
2020 Taycan 4S with Performance Battery
14 Posts
Thanks for the comment . . . I should have been clearer with regards to the brakes. I am getting the "Porsche Surface Coated Brakes with Calipers in White" which are a $4,680 "option" that is REQUIRED when you get the Mission E wheels. Are there any options you got that you now think you could do without or any options you wish you had gotten?
It seems pretty easy to get carried away, and I may have. I got the rear wheel steer, and not sure I really need it. But I love the overall handling, and that is after 15 years of Boxster S experience

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems pretty easy to get carried away, and I may have. I got the rear wheel steer, and not sure I really need it. But I love the overall handling, and that is after 15 years of Boxster S experience
Thanks for the reply . . . I originally had the rear wheel steer on my list, but I wanted to stay within my budget and my salesman got me thinking I'd get a bigger bang for my buck with the 14 way/massage seats.

· Registered
40 Posts
Mine RWD should be delivering this Friday. It is a Metallic Frozen Blue with slate gray interior.
I was more focus on the performance than the interior features.
Performance battery, air suspension, rear steering were features I was looking for. Also, I am interested on long trips, so I went with the 19" wheels, although I'll probably upgrade to 20" later.
I'd add the Vectoring system, that I didn't and maybe the chronos package.
If you are used to the interior amenities, go for them, but I tried a regular seat vs a 14 ways power seat and I didn't notice the difference after it is setup.
Also, I personally think that a Bose sound system doesn't make a huge difference in a car, but it will also depends of how good you perceive the quality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.