Taycan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my Taycan Cross Turismo for 4 months now and the car is wonderful except for the following items.

- the exterior of the car is impossible to clean without using Q-tips to get into the tiny fins and spaces everywhere. It takes me an extra 45 minutes to clean to car than if these areas and grooves were thoughtfully designed.

- please put an internet browser on the passenger screen

- software has a few bugs. Let your top software engineers live with the car for a week, they will find them...

- I don't drag race. Launch control is stupid. Please just allow me to access maximum power whenever I want to, either with a "DRS" button on the steering wheel or while in Sport Plus mode.

Thank you,
Dan

· Registered
2021 taycan 4s
230 Posts
internet browser? why? 99.8% of people who own a taycan have a mobile device that can access the internet. a weak browser imbedded into the car's computer is going to be a very poor browser, the engineering of the browser would waste resources that could be put to better use fixing the flawed software that is currently in the car. As for your lack of interest in the launch control are you saying because you don't use or appreciate this feature that others shouldn't have the choice to use it or not?

· Registered
2 Posts
There are actually lots of design flaws. The project designer needs canning for sure.
Who on the earth forgets a simple previous and next track button on the steering.

NO one wants to waste a custom button for songs thing. I have much more things to setup.

· Registered
9 Posts
Have you tried the voice command on your navigation "system"? Mine can't tell the difference between "Home Depot" and "Luigi's Pizzeria". And, on top of that I occasionally see screen prompts in German (odd that it only sometimes displays in German, you'd think it would be always or never).

· Registered
25 Posts
I've had my CT 4S for a week. Love the car so far . Issue for me is range is only 204 miles and using electric at 2.2 miles per Kw - Is this normal. I use the custom button for turning off Star Trek noise. Looking forward to a Master class to learn more about things.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
19 Posts
I've owned my Taycan Cross Turismo for 4 months now and the car is wonderful except for the following items.

- the exterior of the car is impossible to clean without using Q-tips to get into the tiny fins and spaces everywhere. It takes me an extra 45 minutes to clean to car than if these areas and grooves were thoughtfully designed.

- please put an internet browser on the passenger screen

- software has a few bugs. Let your top software engineers live with the car for a week, they will find them...

- I don't drag race. Launch control is stupid. Please just allow me to access maximum power whenever I want to, either with a "DRS" button on the steering wheel or while in Sport Plus mode.

Thank you,
Dan
Agreed! With almost all. (My guess a Porsche browser will send you back to your iPhone/safari fast.) I will add that the alarm going off when it is parked in the garage is creating problems.

Try using an old toothbrush on the front air flow chamber. And the rear fins. Better than Qtips. But I take your point.

· Registered
19 Posts
I've had my CT 4S for a week. Love the car so far . Issue for me is range is only 204 miles and using electric at 2.2 miles per Kw - Is this normal. I use the custom button for turning off Star Trek noise. Looking forward to a Master class to learn more about things. View attachment 3834 View attachment 3834
I have my CT now for about 3 months. Range on day 1 was also just 200+. But I charged last night and the range reported in the AM was around 245 mi. I am thinking that maybe there is a battery break-in period?

· Registered
19 Posts
I have my CT now for about 3 months. Range on day 1 was also just 200+. But I charged last night and the range reported in the AM was around 245 mi. I am thinking that maybe there is a battery break-in period?
BTW, YouTube has got many, many Taycan “how to” videos. Which are far better than reading the manual, and the YouTube search function (google subsidiary) is a gazillion times better than trying to figure out what the Germans think is preferred indexing for English speakers.

· Registered
25 Posts
BTW, YouTube has got many, many Taycan “how to” videos. Which are far better than reading the manual, and the YouTube search function (google subsidiary) is a gazillion times better than trying to figure out what the Germans think is preferred indexing for English speakers.
Aren't your US miles different to UK miles? I know the gallon is?

· Registered
2021 Taycan RWD, Cherry Red Metallic
24 Posts
That rear diffuser does suck to clean. I thought I did a good job on the car yesterday and now see lots of impossible to reach grunge in corners.

· Registered
187 Posts
The range guesstimate always tells me I have more range than I actually get. It’s about 10-20% optimistic depending on weather. Warmer, 10% off, colder 20-25%

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.