Taycan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Told by the dealership that Porsche will mail the second key to me because of the Chip shortage
Can anyone who got a car built in June or later confirm?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, it's normal for June builds. Taycans produced mid/end September have two keys again. The ones delivered with one key will get the second one later directly from their dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So very odd. My Taycan was a May build delivered with two keys but dealer has advised using only one key as over the air updates are conflicting with the key not in use when installed. Again, Post ache is not a software company. My guess is that these issues were anticipated by Tesla early and went to a single Credit Card key format. My guess is this could signal a change over to using mobile device as key. Probably very soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So very odd. My Taycan was a May build delivered with two keys but dealer has advised using only one key as over the air updates are conflicting with the key not in use when installed. Again, Post ache is not a software company. My guess is that these issues were anticipated by Tesla early and went to a single Credit Card key format. My guess is this could signal a change over to using mobile device as key. Probably very soon.
Post ache is Apple for Porsche apparently.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Simply they do not have the supplies to produce a second key in all cases.. it is hit or miss during production. Nothing more than complex than that. You will likely get a manual adjustable steering wheel also until they can produce the power columns again. They will be retrofitted, but no expected time has been published.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
183 Posts
long before the model 3 and their credit card keys tesla used key fobs for their model S and X cars. so I don't believe you are on the right track with your theory

·
Registered
7 Posts
Told by the dealership that Porsche will mail the second key to me because of the Chip shortage
Can anyone who got a car built in June or later confirm?
I also received only one key when I picked up my Taycan 4S at a Connecticut dealership in August. The car also came with a manual-adjustable steering wheel. I have not received the second key yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We got our car at the beginning of this month and only received one key as well. They said they would send us 2nd when chip arrives. No timeline on ETA though.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
My dealers always gives me a document if something is missing at the time of delivery. I got my 4S in June and it did come with two keys.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
I got delivery of my 2021 RWD in October 21 and I got only one key.
Did they give you something showing that they owe you another key?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
Yes, they gave me a document with 4 pending stuffs including the additional key. They said by December they should have it.
Excellent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car was delivered yesterday (Jan 7, 2022) and I had only one key. The dealer did not mention anything but after I noticed this he has promised a second key in March

1 - 19 of 19 Posts