Taycan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking at the Taycan 4 and 4S Cross Turismo.
Holy moly! There’s so many options and accessories. Lol
I was playing around with the configurations for both models but I think it’s better to go to a dealer and look at the cars in person.
What attracts me to the Porsche Cross Turismo is the reputation of Porsche and also the great design of this car.
Looking for thoughts and recommendations from the current members on what models you like and what accessories do you feel are the most important. I realize this is subjective but some might be considered essential.
I also have a Tesla S on my shortlist but I’m really concerned about the quality control and fit and finish.
Thanks.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

Reactions: Ovfitbob

· Registered
2020 Taycan 4S with Performance Battery
14 Posts
I was playing around with the configurations for both models but I think it’s better to go to a dealer and look at the cars in person.
What attracts me to the Porsche Cross Turismo is the reputation of Porsche and also the great design of this car.
Looking for thoughts and recommendations from the current members on what models you like and what accessories do you feel are the most important. I realize this is subjective but some might be considered essential.
I also have a Tesla S on my shortlist but I’m really concerned about the quality control and fit and finish.
Thanks.
I have a 2020 4S, picked up at the Atlanta Experience Center in Sept ‘20. I leaned toward the performance options, like rear wheel steer, torque vectoring, and dynamic chassis control. Standard 19” wheels and all season tires ( good advice from the salesman), adaptive cruise control, lane change assist, and surround view. 14 way seats, heated steering wheel, seat ventilation (front) for comfort. Porsche crest wheel caps, Carmine Red, and Porsche crest on front headrests for appearance upgrades. At that time, panoramic sunroof and 93.4 kW battery were mandatory options, but I wouldn’t have ordered without including them anyway. I did get the Porsche level 2 charger and dock, but there are others that are less expensive. I have had some early adopter problems, but I really love the car. I previously had a Boxster S with 6 speed manual, so I appreciate the handling and acceleration. Now have 17,000 miles and wouldn’t change anything

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
I have a 2020 4S, picked up at the Atlanta Experience Center in Sept ‘20. I leaned toward the performance options, like rear wheel steer, torque vectoring, and dynamic chassis control. Standard 19” wheels and all season tires ( good advice from the salesman), adaptive cruise control, lane change assist, and surround view. 14 way seats, heated steering wheel, seat ventilation (front) for comfort. Porsche crest wheel caps, Carmine Red, and Porsche crest on front headrests for appearance upgrades. At that time, panoramic sunroof and 93.4 kW battery were mandatory options, but I wouldn’t have ordered without including them anyway. I did get the Porsche level 2 charger and dock, but there are others that are less expensive. I have had some early adopter problems, but I really love the car. I previously had a Boxster S with 6 speed manual, so I appreciate the handling and acceleration. Now have 17,000 miles and wouldn’t change anything
Sounds like you got a winner. I picked up a 2021 4S last June and have had little, if any, issues to date. Milage is currently 4,357.

· Registered
310 Posts
Thanks.
I have a 4CT, picked up a week ago. The Porsche Car Code is: PMSXKCC1 to see what I ordered. I never did want the sedan, and I waited for the CT to be available. I’m not sure that you will find a CT in stock to look at. I have no regrets about getting the 4 instead of something more powerful … when the foot goes down the car moves forward with authority. It does not push your eyeballs back into your head like the Turbo S, but 0 - 60 in 5.1s is pretty darn quick and that is fine for me. It is very much the same as my 2004 911 C4S, which was considered quite quick 17 years ago.

Yup, more options for the Taycan than any previous Porsche.

As far as the build goes, the only thing I am now wishing I would have done is get some upgrades to the interior. I would like more leather, I do not like the pale beige door panels all the way down. Although I do like the split black/not-black interior, it feels like too much plastic … nice plastic, just too much for a $120k car. The black dash is less reflective in the windshield than the gray in my old 911, it is more reflective than I had hoped, Looking at the configuration page now, I am not sure what other choice I would like better. I have no regrets about having screens all the way across (technology package).

Correct or not (eventually I will see) I got the PSCB, surface coated brakes, on the theory that with so much of the braking being done by the regen, I was concerned about the normal iron discs rusting. I did get some rusting on the 911 I just traded in, and it always bothered me. One Porsche feature you likely are not aware of: with the standard iron brakes the pads and discs wear out together, and when you need new pads you need new discs. They stop the car so unbelieveably well that I found it to be worth it, but it was a surprise the first time it was needed. I am wondering if the PSCB will wear the same and exactly how long they will last.

You think there are options when buying ?? … wait until you start configuring the displays to do what you want!! I am still working on setting everything up. Sometimes I get what I want, sometimes I have to keep searching.

Have fun!

· Registered
2020 Taycan 4S with Performance Battery
14 Posts
I have a 4CT, picked up a week ago. The Porsche Car Code is: PMSXKCC1 to see what I ordered. I never did want the sedan, and I waited for the CT to be available. I’m not sure that you will find a CT in stock to look at. I have no regrets about getting the 4 instead of something more powerful … when the foot goes down the car moves forward with authority. It does not push your eyeballs back into your head like the Turbo S, but 0 - 60 in 5.1s is pretty darn quick and that is fine for me. It is very much the same as my 2004 911 C4S, which was considered quite quick 17 years ago.

As far as the build goes, the only thing I am now wishing I would have done is get some upgrades to the interior. I would like more leather, I do not like the pale beige door panels all the way down. Although I do like the split black/not-black interior, it feels like too much plastic … nice plastic, just too much for a $120k car. The black dash is less reflective in the windshield than the gray in my old 911, it is more reflective than I had hoped, Looking at the configuration page now, I am not sure what other choice I would like better. I have no regrets about having screens all the way across (technology package).

Correct or not (eventually I will see) I got the PSCB, surface coated brakes, on the theory that with so much of the braking being done by the regen, I was concerned about the normal iron discs rusting. I did get some rusting on the 911 I just traded in, and it always bothered me. One Porsche feature you likely are not aware of: with the standard iron brakes the pads and discs wear out together, and when you need new pads you need new discs. They stop the car so unbelieveably well that I found it to be worth it, but it was a surprise the first time it was needed. I am wondering if the PSCB will wear the same and exactly how long they will last.

You think there are options when buying ?? … wait until you start configuring the displays to do what you want!! I am still working on setting everything up. Sometimes I get what I want, sometimes I have to keep searching.

Have fun!
Your thinking on the coated brakes is next level. My wife’s’ hybrid has 115,000 miles without any brake maintenance, so I thought the Taycan friction brakes would last forever. Never considered issues caused by lack of use.

· Registered
2012 Cayenne S | 2020 Taycan Turbo
118 Posts

Have fun!
I agree with Mr. Doshay 1000% about the "standard" interior not being nice enough for a vehicle costing more than $100K. IMHO, anyone on this forum who is trying to decide what options they should include in their custom order build should ABSOLUTELY include one of the many (11 different choices) Full Leather Interior options. Yes that costs several thousand dollars but you sit in the interior of the car every day, you look at the interior everyday and do you really want to compromise on how good your car looks to you every single time you drive it? If you are trying to keep the price down I think there are several "performance" options that you should pass on in order to fund a full leather interior. I say you can skip nearly all the Performance options because the Standard equipment in the Taycan already delivers an incredible level of sports sedan performance. IMHO a Full Leather Interior should be a higher priority option than Torque Vectoring, Rear Wheel Steering or Porsche Surface Coated Brakes if you are trying to keep a custom built Taycan to a certain level of
price.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
Unfortunately I had to choose my Taycan 4S from stock and had to take the options already selected by the dealership. While I don't have all leather interior I do like the interior that came with my 4S.
Vehicle Car Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Seat belt Product Head restraint

· Registered
310 Posts
Unfortunately I had to choose my Taycan 4S from stock and had to take the options already selected by the dealership. While I don't have all leather interior I do like the interior that came with my 4S. View attachment 3661 View attachment 3662
Yours looks to be the same color combo as mine, although I think I have different seats, and it does look nice in the photos. I do like the black/beige mix. I am just less than impressed when sitting in it. It is not horrible, just a bit below expectations. But like I said, even when looking at the options offered in the configuration web site, I’m not at all sure what I would choose that would fix my disappointment.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
I had a fully leather interior in my 2019 Boxster GTS and it was very nice but I'm still okay with the standard interior in my 4S.

· Registered
2012 Cayenne S | 2020 Taycan Turbo
118 Posts
Yours looks to be the same color combo as mine, although I think I have different seats, and it does look nice in the photos. I do like the black/beige mix. I am just less than impressed when sitting in it. It is not horrible, just a bit below expectations. But like I said, even when looking at the options offered in the configuration web site, I’m not at all sure what I would choose that would fix my disappointment.
Porsche offers a different Black and Beige interior that has a totally different, and much better look IMHO. If you are playing in the Car Configurator look in the "Club Leather" section and pick the "Basalt Black / Atacama Beige" option. What you'll see is a slightly different beige color, a much darker shade of black and the doors are mostly black instead of mostly beige. Also, this option includes Neodyme (matte gold) Accents on the steering wheel, around the front AC vents, on the doors/door handle, around the two front cupholders and on the face of the Clock/Chronograph on the top of the center dash if the Taycan is equipped with the Sports Chrono package. My Taycan has this Basalt Black and Beige interior and it looks fantastic. Everyone who sees it says the interior is absolutely fantastic looking. I think it is the best looking Taycan interior if it is combined with one of the darker Taycan exterior colors.
Vehicle Speedometer Car Gear shift Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Seat belt White Plant

If your Taycan is going to be one with a light exterior color like white or silver then I think the Black and Red full leather interior is the way to go.
Vehicle Speedometer Car Gear shift Motor vehicle

Seat belt Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Plant

I hope my thoughts are helpful to anyone working on the configuration of a built to order Taycan.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
I love the black and red combination.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.