Taycan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone from sunny Kansas City area. I just took delivery of my Silver RWD Taycan and after the first 400 miles I’m very happy that I traded my 2017 Boxster in on it. Beautiful car (with the solid roof) and everything seems to be running fantastic with the major exception being my home charging on the Porsche Mobile Charger Plus. I have a 50a 220V outlet and the charger when plugged into the car turns red and then the car almost immediately. I have the electrician coming in the morning. Any ideas of where we should start looking? Porsche Kansas City has tried to help by loaning me another charger in case mine was defective but it too lights up red after connection to the car. Thoughts?
I’ve owned two 911 Turbos, a 74 911, 996 C4s, 991 C4, 2017 Boxster and currently a 1965 356 SC. Introduced the Taycan to his grandfather the 356 the other night when I brought him home. Please help me get my charger squared away. Thank You

·
Registered
149 Posts
My thoughts are only guesses, but if you have tried 2 different chargers and both indicate they are fine after plugging into the wall but everything goes red when plugged into the car, then it looks like it is the car, not the socket on the wall or its wiring. But if the electrician comes out, assuming it is a NEMA 14-50 socket, verifying the neutral and ground are correct is probably all that can be checked. The charger would not have indicated it is OK if there were problems with the 2 hot wires.

My wife’s Audi A3 E-tron had several charging problems when new too, although only on public chargers. It took over a year to sort that out, so we only charged at home then and that is our habit now as well.

I also have a 996 C4S and it has been and continues to be wonderful. But it will be traded in when the CT gets here.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Congrats on your new Taycan. I just picked up my Taycan 4S 2 days ago and absolutely love it. I traded a 2019 Boxster GTS and have no regrets whatsoever.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out it was the ground on the electrical box in my garage. Electrician tightened it up and it works perfectly! We’re charging like a pro now. Thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts