Taycan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Porsche Taycan 4S 2021
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please explain what electrical charging equipment
should have come standard with my used 2021 Taycan 4S?
The dealer shipped car to me without anything electrical in the trunk.
A week later he sent a “Juice box” and I installed a nema14-50 outlet.
That works fine now at home. But what I am not sure about is what
should I have in my vehicle as I travel cross country to ensure
flexibility and adaptability when I encounter different types of charging stations.
I would be so grateful for advice.

·
Registered
94 Posts
EA fast charging stations are all that you need on the road. Find them while driving on the navigations. I usually set up my destination arrival with 15% SOC. The car do the work for me finding the stations to stop and charge

·
Registered
Porsche Taycan 4S 2021
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EA fast charging stations are all that you need on the road. Find them while driving on the navigations. I usually set up my destination arrival with 15% SOC. The car do the work for me finding the stations to stop and charge
. Thank you for the response. What is SOC? What function within car is operating while driving “doing the work” for you?

·
Registered
94 Posts
SOC- State of charge --- All you have to do is set up your destination, and on the navigation (click the three blue dots on the lower right of the navigation screen), make sure you choose destination SOC % at arrival; I have that at 15%, you can select a lower % and that could eliminate one stop to charge the car. The car will guide you throughout your destination to the nearest charging station to ensure that you will have 15% battery left or whatever % you decide to have upon arrival. You can review all that and how many stops and for how long even before you drive including satalite pictures of the charging stations

·
Registered
2012 Cayenne S | 2020 Taycan Turbo
61 Posts
Can someone please explain what electrical charging equipment
should have come standard with my used 2021 Taycan 4S?
The dealer shipped car to me without anything electrical in the trunk.
A week later he sent a “Juice box” and I installed a nema14-50 outlet.
That works fine now at home. But what I am not sure about is what
should I have in my vehicle as I travel cross country to ensure
flexibility and adaptability when I encounter different types of charging stations.
I would be so grateful for advice.
A new Taycan 4S ships from the factory with a Porsche branded charger that has two plugs - - one for 110v charging (very, very slow) and the other for 220v charging (which on a 40 amp circuit will pump electricity into your Taycan at a rate of 9.4 kw per hour).

if the Juice Box doesn’t fill your Taycan at a rate of 9.4 kW per hour, the dealer didn’t do right by you.

·
Registered
310 Posts
A new Taycan 4S ships from the factory with a Porsche branded charger that has two plugs - - one for 110v charging (very, very slow) and the other for 220v charging (which on a 40 amp circuit will pump electricity into your Taycan at a rate of 9.4 kw per hour).

if the Juice Box doesn’t fill your Taycan at a rate of 9.4 kW per hour, the dealer didn’t do right by you.
minor but important correction:
While the charger can pull 40A and does charge at 9.4Kw with that current at 240V, the US electrical code mandates that the circuit be sized at 20% over max expected load, and the standard breaker is thus 50A. You should size the breaker and wiring for that load. This is the max load for a device that plugs in to 240VAC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts