Taycan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
picked up a 4S. first time with Porsche. so far so good. dont have my home charger set up yet. getting range anxiety. not a lot of charging options in indianapolis.
Welcome to the forum @DrQ, congratulations on getting your 4S! Is it going to be a daily driver for you or a secondary car?

·
Registered
84 Posts
DrQ welcome. To allay your charge anxiety you ought to be able to plug the Porsche charger that came with the car into a 115 V outlet. It will take some time to charge. How do you charge the Tesla currently? There are adapters from Tesla to J1772 plug used by the Taycan.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a solid one two punch right there. I'm interested to hear your thoughts about how they compare to each other.
I have 8 months left on the tesla lease. I think overall the tesla app and charging network are superior, but the fit, finish, quality of the porsche is outstanding. performance wise, thus far, I dont feel a huge difference. both are fast and fun. also, aesthetically the taycan is gorgeous and model S is dated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DrQ welcome. To allay your charge anxiety you ought to be able to plug the Porsche charger that came with the car into a 115 V outlet. It will take some time to charge. How do you charge the Tesla currently? There are adapters from Tesla to J1772 plug used by the Taycan.
thank you r553. I just learned of the J1772 plus on this forum. will definately purchase. I am waiting on an electrician to come install the porsche home charger as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
thank you r553. I just learned of the J1772 plus on this forum. will definately purchase. I am waiting on an electrician to come install the porsche home charger as well.
Congratulations on the new car, and welcome to Porsche ownership! Can we see some photos? Out of curiosity, why don't you just keep using the Tesla charger with a TeslaTap (or similar) adapter, instead of installing the Porsche charger?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have 8 months left on the tesla lease. I think overall the tesla app and charging network are superior, but the fit, finish, quality of the porsche is outstanding. performance wise, thus far, I dont feel a huge difference. both are fast and fun. also, aesthetically the taycan is gorgeous and model S is dated.
That's a fair comparison. There seems to me more kinks to iron out on non-tesla charging networks. Do you plan on getting another Tesla when the lease ends or will you just stick with the Taycan?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the porsche charger to be installed. the nearest electrify america charger is 25 miles.
Get a 240v 50 amp plug for your garage. It will charge that thing from 0-85 % in like 10 hours. Most nights for me I’m at about 30% battery left and it takes 5-6 hours to fully charge. It works and I do 135 mile commutes each day. I’ve yet to hit a Charge point or Electrify America charger and I have 2400 miles already

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's a fair comparison. There seems to me more kinks to iron out on non-tesla charging networks. Do you plan on getting another Tesla when the lease ends or will you just stick with the Taycan?
I do. I have a deposit on the tesla cyber truck and I intend on purchasing it whenever it debuts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Get a 240v 50 amp plug for your garage. It will charge that thing from 0-85 % in like 10 hours. Most nights for me I’m at about 30% battery left and it takes 5-6 hours to fully charge. It works and I do 135 mile commutes each day. I’ve yet to hit a Charge point or Electrify America charger and I have 2400 miles already
is that different than the one purchased for home through porsche?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts