Taycan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am waiting for delivery of a RWD Frozen Metallic Blue Taycan.
It is my first EV and Porsche.

I have been reviewing and putting thoughts on EVs for over 2 years but I couldn't find the right candidate until now.
I am a drive enthusiast but I failed to test drive Porsche for long time, until now. I gave a chance to the Taycan and I was impressed although the AWD was intoxicating with power, I was more interested on the handling.
I owned MX5, ND1 and ND2, GT350 and M3, Mazds 3 Turbo AWD, etc., but for my first EV I wanted a good Gran Turismo car and since I wasn't able to find the right EV, I was close to pull the trigger on a Maserati Granturismo.
I have a Volvo P1800 being restored and modified that should be my weekend car pretty soon.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello Alex,
I’m a 70 year old who traded a 718 for a base model Taycan. It’s supposed to arrive 3/19/2021 and I can’t wait. After reading a cornucopia of articles, and for the type driving a 70 year old is expected to do, the base model with the premium option was the best choice for me. That, and the fact the car had already been ordered by the dealer and I wanted it!
Good luck with yours I’m sure you will love it. 😎

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't wait for mine to arrive next month.
Good luck with it and let me know your impression on it!!!

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
143 Posts
your biggest learning curve will be understanding the range of the car, managing range anxiety, figuring out how to and when to charge.
their are myriads of menus and options that you'll have to scroll through and figure out what works well for you, the documentation is less than clear.
overall the driving experience is great, but there is a learning curve.

·
Registered
55 Posts
your biggest learning curve will be understanding the range of the car, managing range anxiety, figuring out how to and when to charge.
their are myriads of menus and options that you'll have to scroll through and figure out what works well for you, the documentation is less than clear.
overall the driving experience is great, but there is a learning curve.
Regarding routine range: In my experience, I feel safe/comfortable to driving 100 miles away from home, and returning to charge at home, with a reserve left over.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My first trip will be from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale, it is around 250 miles and I am planning to test the Range mode and the Sport mode. I want to have a good sense of highway performance and range.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
143 Posts
My first trip will be from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale, it is around 250 miles and I am planning to test the Range mode and the Sport mode. I want to have a good sense of highway performance and range.
that trip will require a charge stop in each direction, I cannot stress enough the importance to learn how to use the apps necessary to initiate the chargers before embarking on your trip or it could turn into an exercise in frustration and failures. charging the taycan can be challenging to the newbies. I am an experiences EV owner and my first trip was a nightmare because of misconfigured apps and non working EA units.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Assuming you are taking the Turnpike there are charging stations galore. You may want to look into an adapter which allows you to use Tesla charging stations. Plenty of discussion here about this. My concern is whether using the adapter will void the warranty.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
143 Posts
The Porsche app? Can you elaborate more about it?
there are 2 apps that you will need to download to your phone in order to access the free charging at the electrify america chargers, one is the porsche connect app and the other is porsche charging america app, charge NA. your sales person will have to walk you through the setups

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
143 Posts
Assuming you are taking the Turnpike there are charging stations galore. You may want to look into an adapter which allows you to use Tesla charging stations. Plenty of discussion here about this. My concern is whether using the adapter will void the warranty.
no using that adapter does not void the warranty but be aware that adapter is NOT for tesla super chargers it is to be used on the L2 tesla destination chargers. to be clear, you CANNOT use the tesla superchargers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no using that adapter does not void the warranty but be aware that adapter is NOT for tesla super chargers it is to be used on the L2 tesla destination chargers. to be clear, you CANNOT use the tesla superchargers
That's what I was told, I am getting a 60Amp adapter for using the Tesla L2 if needed, especially around hotels.

There are few Electrifying America stations across the I95 too, I am reviewing some of the maps to create some highlighted points across it and the Turnpike.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
817 Posts
I made the transition from gas to electric last week with the purchase of the Taycan 4S. Could not be happier.

Reactions: Alexramos7
1 - 13 of 13 Posts