Taycan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ordered a Turbo S in January of 2019. It finally arrived in LA in early May. It's glacier white with black interior and the sport design kit in carbon fiber. It has Mission-E body colored wheels with striking yellow carbon ceramic brakes. We currently also have a 911 Turbo S with an aero-kit. The Taycan is everything we imagined and more. Mileage is no issue but we've only taken one short road trip and a fast-charge station was available. I had a P85+ Tesla Model S previously. There is a world of difference between these cars. The Tesla was a wonderfully designed appliance in the form of an automobile. You didn't really drive it. You sat in it and went somewhere. There was never the anticipation of a driving adventure which the 911 always provides. The anticipation of entering the Taycan and preparing to light it up is palpable. This is a gymnast in a rhino's body. I crave the chance to take it on a trip. By the time we can safely do this I'm hoping Electrify America will have added new charge points. The availability of charging stations is really the only advantage Tesla still has over this remarkable new Porsche. I suspect we will still be ahead of the game with this automobile years from today.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Welcome @CJE

How are you managing charging at the moment? Do you charge mostly at home or do a mix of it and some charging stations?
Did you get any typical first things done, like paint protection?

It would be great to see some pictures of your Taycan in this thread:

·
Super Moderator
762 Posts
Welcome to the forum @CJE .

Very poetic description BTW. "This is a gymnast in a rhino's body." Love that.

Post pics when you get a chance!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome @CJE

How are you managing charging at the moment? Do you charge mostly at home or do a mix of it and some charging stations?
Did you get any typical first things done, like paint protection?

It would be great to see some pictures of your Taycan in this thread:

I've been charging at home. I had a Tesla P85+ for 7 years garaged with a 911 Turbo S and now we're all Porsche other than a Ford GT which is 1/3 mine and seldom here. I charged it once on a trip up the SoCal coast. It was less convenient and much less intuitive than charging my former Tesla but we figured it out. Here are some
pics.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum @CJE! When you can take your Turbo S on a trip what's the first place you're going?

I would head up the coast from LA. The drive gets great just past Santa Barbara and really nice past The Madonna Inn. I could charge it up at Pismo Beach and then get to Carmel. From there I'd need a charge to get to Napa. Returning to LA I'd go over the mountain to Sonoma and then drive down to Big Sur. Then comes that leg down the coast connecting again with the 101. Over the years we've done this trip in a Jag XKR, A Panamera GTS, a 911 Turbo S...but doing it again in the silent controlled fury of this Taycan would be the best yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts