Taycan Forum banner

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  TEV31 
#1 ·
New member from the NYC. I am not new to Porsche but I am new to EV transportation. I had an original deposit on a Tesla for a launch model S but decided not to get one. I have to say the test drive was simply fantastic on the car. At the time I was driving a 2012 CLS63 AMG with performance pack which was a brutally fast. My Tesla test drive was a P85 prior to dual motor. The thrust was quite simply amazing on the car. I didn’t like the giant iPad interface, it was a cool novelty but I am not sure that completely removing buttons and knobs is conducive to paying attention to the road. The biggest issue I had with buying it was simply not knowing if they could properly manufacture a care. I thought of Tesla as an amazing tech company but manufacturing is a different thing. We all know that they’ve struggled to meet supply and have had their share of issues.

EV driving was rather thrilling and I am excited to potentially get one. I am hoping Porsche can really bring their game on the technology side while maintaining what everyone loves about Porsche’s and that’s simply that they are amazing driving, handling cars. I’ve had my Taycan deposit down for quite sometime but will wait for the oddly named Turbo model which may not be delivered for a bit, hopeful it’s available at launch but unlikely.

I am hopeful that the car will look more like the car show version than the test mules that have been spotted. I know they will not get the suicide doors and will require mirrors but the test mules look like someone slapped a Panamera front end on the car. Perhaps that was intentional to protect from the press the final car.

See less See more
#6 ·
Glad to have a new member on board, welcome to the forum. Most automakers are moving towards heavily modular platforms for their EV's so that means a lot of body panels and components are going to be borrowed from other models in their lineup. We've yet to see the Taycan in production guise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.