Taycan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am a Taycan Turbo owner(for 3weeks now)....
If you have any questions please feel free to ask...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car is white...interior is red.....wheels are full black(Mission E+ inside also black option)

·
Super Moderator
710 Posts
Welcome Hans, can you post some pictures?
And what has your real world experience been with range?

·
Registered
7 Posts
How is your experience with Dutch people sitting in the back so far, has a tall person survived a ride of more than 30 minutes? Would love some insight on this! Beautiful specced car by the way!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome Hans, can you post some pictures?
And what has your real world experience been with range?
About the range... I am very happy with it. The range indicator is very precise. And when you change your Driving Mode ..to SPORT for Example then you will see your range go down with -15km . We are using KM here instead of Miles...

Will also give you a example.....I was driving to Amsterdam...that's a total of 236km for me(round trip)....when I left the total range was 334km(that's the max range on Sport). When I returned the range left was 75 km. So I burned a total of 259km. Instead of the 236km real distance.... so a difference of 23km.

But then the biggest question is....what was the speed during the trip.
-The outward journey speed was 80% 140km/h and 20% 100km/h....
-The return trip speed was 80% 160km/h and 20% 130km/h ....

So really good....but that's mine opinion ?.

·
Super Moderator
710 Posts
That does sound good. I'd be curious to see if you did it again not in Sport, how much of a difference it would make.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How is your experience with Dutch people sitting in the back so far, has a tall person survived a ride of more than 30 minutes? Would love some insight on this! Beautiful specced car by the way!
it's ok....it's not super big(little bit like Model 3)....when your round 1.82 meter you can sit in the back for 30min without any problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That does sound good. I'd be curious to see if you did it again not in Sport, how much of a difference it would make.
a lot....for example..you can also do it in RANGE MODE....then your car is not driving faster then 110km/h or 150km/h...and accelaration is not so heavy. Cannot give you exact numbers but I think round 50-60km more range.

Will check coming weeks....when not in a hurry :p

·
Super Moderator
710 Posts
Great! Range seems to be the biggest thing everyone is concerned about. Although it's really not much of a issue, it seems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great! Range seems to be the biggest thing everyone is concerned about. Although it's really not much of a issue, it seems.
Nope....to be honest I was scared also. And first thing I saw....340km range....:unsure:
But the big difference is, with other brands(incl Tesla)....the range is real! Also when you drive sportif...

·
Super Moderator
710 Posts
Nope....to be honest I was scared also. And first thing I saw....340km range....:unsure:
But the big difference is, with other brands(incl Tesla)....the range is real! Also when you drive sportif...
That's always the trick. It's like diesels. The official range was good, but the real world range was amazing. If Porsche can build a reputation for over-delivering... they'll be much better off long term than Tesla.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's always the trick. It's like diesels. The official range was good, but the real world range was amazing. If Porsche can build a reputation for over-delivering... they'll be much better off long term than Tesla.
true....but your right feet is very important with a electric car. Pushing the pedal to much to the ground...your range is gone in a sec. Think the gearbox of Porsche solves that a bit....

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome to the forum Hans! Have you had the chance to use launch control and properly test out the performance? If so, is the launch control easy to use?

Also, is this your first Porsche and/or EV?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Did you get the panoramic roof or the steel roof? I'm curious to see if the panoramic roof does a good job blocking the sun without a shade.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What color combo? Also am considering Mamba Green but unsure of interior. Any ideas?
John, I’ve seen the Macan in Mamba Green and looked great. We called it the “Macamba” It’ll look even better on Taycan. You can call it the “Taycamba” Slate grey looks especially good with this color as does black. I’d love to know how your build looks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
@HansNL, what's your take on the Taycan's four-screen setup?

One of my concerns is how useless the touchpad screen (below the center AC vents) can be compared to the screen above it that offers similar functions. It almost seems like Porsche felt they HAD to include something big and techy looking in that area to fill it up. The result, something not that well thought out.

porsche_taycan_touch_screen_pad.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts