Taycan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Five days ago I ordered my first Porsche in 40 years. I've flirted with Bmw's and Audi's but this new Taycan makes me feel like I'm coming home. I ordered the Turbo S five days ago. I'd like your advice on the GT steering wheel option. How is it different. Do I need it if I never track my car. Any advantages? I've pretty much optioned every thing else. Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Five days ago I ordered my first Porsche in 40 years. I've flirted with Bmw's and Audi's but this new Taycan makes me feel like I'm coming home. I ordered the Turbo S five days ago. I'd like your advice on the GT steering wheel option. How is it different. Do I need it if I never track my car. Any advantages? I've pretty much optioned every thing else. Thanks.
I think you get that "steering wheel" with Sport Chrono, and I would definitely get it. You can pay a bit more and get the Heated Steering Wheel with this package and I have used that often as a quick way of getting warm when it's cold. I think you'll like all these features, especially if you're ordering a loaded Turbo S. Good luck. You're in for the ride of your life.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you get that "steering wheel" with Sport Chrono, and I would definitely get it. You can pay a bit more and get the Heated Steering Wheel with this package and I have used that often as a quick way of getting warm when it's cold. I think you'll like all these features, especially if you're ordering a loaded Turbo S. Good luck. You're in for the ride of your life.
Thanks for heading me in the right direction. From what I have been able to find out, the GT Steering Wheel and Sport Chrono Package are both standard on the Turbo S. But the steering wheel is in Race-Tex. The $280 option gets you a heated GT Steering Wheel in leather. Exactly what I want. I was more concerned with getting leather than anything else.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for heading me in the right direction. From what I have been able to find out, the GT Steering Wheel and Sport Chrono Package are both standard on the Turbo S. But the steering wheel is in Race-Tex. The $280 option gets you a heated GT Steering Wheel in leather. Exactly what I want. I was more concerned with getting leather than anything else.
I had thought the material for the steering wheel followed the spec for the interior, so if you order seats in leather you get a leather wheel. I don't recall separating the two, but either way you've made a great choice. I did the same and the wheel has a great look and feel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far so good. I love that we have these forums. Audi had a 800 number that I could ask what stage my vehicle was in production. Is there a comparable Porsche number that I can phone, give them my comm number and find out where I am with production?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts