Taycan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a deposit in for the Taycan several years, essentially since the Taycan was first announced. Back then it was $1k. The dealer called today and informed me I have their first Turbo S allocation and that the build date is in June. The dealer offered me a 4S a couple months ago, but I wanted to wait for the Turbo S. He didn't know the delivery date for the Turbo S.

I currently have a 2017 Tesla P100D (AWD) and had a Tesla S 85 (2 wheel drive) for ~5 years prior to that. Both of the Tesla's have been extremely reliable but slingshot acceleration aside, as most will agree, the fit and finish as well as the handling leave quite a bit to be desired.

I am looking forward to an EV with true Porsche styling and capabilities.

This May we have scheduled a Taycan Factory tour in Stuttgart and then a full day Taycan E-Warm-up at the Porsche Experience Center Hockenheimring near Heidelberg. Hopefully we don’t have to cancel because of the Covid-19 epidemic.....

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
Hi @Sport Mode and welcome to the forum!

I love Lake Tahoe! What a fantastic part of the world.

You'll have to keep us posted on the factory tour and Hockenheimring experience. Sounds fantastic!

And yes, fingers crossed that Coronavirus doesn't impact anything.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sport Mode! Are you planning on swapping one of your Teslas for the Taycan? or are you just adding to your garage?

I'm incredibly jealous that you're going to Stuttgart for a factory tour! Here's hoping you don't have any setbacks for your trip.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you plan on doing coverage of the Porsche facility then I would LOVE to see it.

Tesla is due for next-gen Model S... so things could improve.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum Sport Mode! Are you planning on swapping one of your Teslas for the Taycan? or are you just adding to your garage?

I'm incredibly jealous that you're going to Stuttgart for a factory tour! Here's hoping you don't have any setbacks for your trip.
I haven't decided what to do with the Tesla. Currently, I plan to keep it until I have had the Taycan long enough to see how much I like it and what the real-world range is. The visit to Stuttgart isn't looking good right now but I plan to decide within a few weeks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you plan on doing coverage of the Porsche facility then I would LOVE to see it.

Tesla is due for next-gen Model S... so things could improve.
The factory tour confirmation says no pictures or videos so I will do my best to describe it. We will see about the new Tesla S. The new Roadster will need much better suspension and I am sure they are working hard on that. I considered a deposit on a Roaster but decided to wait and see.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The factory tour confirmation says no pictures or videos so I will do my best to describe it. We will see about the new Tesla S. The new Roadster will need much better suspension and I am sure they are working hard on that. I considered a deposit on a Roaster but decided to wait and see.
If Tesla can make the new Roadster a really well sorted out vehicle then I might consider it. If not, its only a matter of time till one of the bigger brands come out with something. Curious to see what the final Roadster version will be like compared to what we all seen.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I haven't decided what to do with the Tesla. Currently, I plan to keep it until I have had the Taycan long enough to see how much I like it and what the real-world range is. The visit to Stuttgart isn't looking good right now but I plan to decide within a few weeks.

Have you received any updates from Porsche about the visit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts