Taycan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Norway!

Long time Porsche owner and petrol head finally taking the leap of faith into Porsche’s EV. After 8 911’s over the years I finally traded my nice Opel Insignia dd for a 4S+ and plunged directly out on a 3500km road trip where the Taycan proved it’s merits BIG time and got an inside-out Kamikaze detailing by the best detailer in Norway (world?) at Cura di Automobile alongside my 911🤩

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum @Johan Andreas Furebotten !

I understand Norway is the EV capital of the world.

Do you see many other Taycans on the road? Or is it just Tesla land?
Hello & thank you!

Yes due to zero taxes and benefits of use like free parking, use of bus lanes and rebates 50-100% on tolls and ferries over the last 20 yrs, Norway’s roads are packed with EV’s of all sizes and flavors. This yrs best seller is the Audi e-Tron.

It’s been a political discussion around the EV policy and I’ve been on the fence until now. I still think it’s wrong these high end luxury EV’s are exempt from taxes gaining the wealthy, but grew increasingly tired of the atrocious taxes on ICE vehicles and hybrids so when Porsche launches their Taycan I thought I might as well take advantage myself of the current EV craze. ~50% of all sold new cars are EV’s in Norway as of now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
778 Posts
The country looks stunning. I'm sure you've got hours and hours of sunlight now.

And I heard the e-tron was the big seller this year. Shame the Mach-E got delayed... but it's interesting to see the unique automotive landscape.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hello from Norway!

Long time Porsche owner and petrol head finally taking the leap of faith into Porsche’s EV. After 8 911’s over the years I finally traded my nice Opel Insignia dd for a 4S+ and plunged directly out on a 3500km road trip where the Taycan proved it’s merits BIG time and got an inside-out Kamikaze detailing by the best detailer in Norway (world?) at Cura di Automobile alongside my 911🤩 View attachment 2249 View attachment 2251 View attachment 2252 View attachment 2253 View attachment 2254 View attachment 2257
Wow those photos are beautiful. I really need to add a Scandinavian trip to my bucket list. Since you have those RE-01's on your Taycan, what tires to you have and what are you planning on doing with the stock wheels?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The country looks stunning. I'm sure you've got hours and hours of sunlight now.

And I heard the e-tron was the big seller this year. Shame the Mach-E got delayed... but it's interesting to see the unique automotive landscape.
I live only 3hrs drive north of the Arctic Circle so we have only 6 weeks of midnight sun 24/7. The further north, the longer duration. These are some of the pictures I took going with my local P-car outfit to Lofoten Islands, which is recognized to be the sirloin of Norway. It’s just a 3hrs ferry trip from my hometown of Bodø.

The OEM wheels I’ll be using for my winter tyres.

Wow those photos are beautiful. I really need to add a Scandinavian trip to my bucket list. Since you have those RE-01's on your Taycan, what tires to you have and what are you planning on doing with the stock wheels?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the stock PS 4S’s on the MOMO wheels.

On the winters, which I haven’t seen yet, I believe there are fitted Hakkapeliitaa RSI 3 tyres.

·
Super Moderator
778 Posts
I bet it will be a beast with those winter tires. I've always heard great things about Nokian Tires.

·
Super Moderator
778 Posts
Studded too I see. Studded tires are actually illegal here in Ontario (Canada).

Serious question: are roads near you normally snowed-over in the winter? Or only right after snowfalls. We pretty much plow them clean here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Studded too I see. Studded tires are actually illegal here in Ontario (Canada).

Serious question: are roads near you normally snowed-over in the winter? Or only right after snowfalls. We pretty much plow them clean here.
The Taycan is delivered with normal friction winter tyres, although all my dd’s have had studs as I regularly go on longer drives out of the overly salted city roads, but I’m told they perform well anyway. I might go non-OEM approves and just get Hakka tires on the Taycan too if I’m not satisfied with the ones delivered with the car. The Pirelli SottoZeroes delivered with the RWD 911 was just laughable on our blizzard ridden roads up north.

I wish they just kept to plowing and stopped use salt, but it’s an economical question they mask with the aim of zero traffic related fatalities (then they should salt the highways, not the city streets..).

Anyway, using Porsche cars on winter roads with proper tyres are a blast.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've never used Nokian tires but those look serious. I love that you drive your Porsches year round.
For years I had them in storage, but last year I was fed up pampering them and started using the 991 year round. Best decision ever! So thrilling to drive the 911 in the winter also. Sold the 964 which couldn’t take the salted roads and the Insignia and got a Taycan for dd. Looking forward to winter with the adjustable suspension and clever 4x4 system.

·
Registered
602 Posts
For years I had them in storage, but last year I was fed up pampering them and started using the 991 year round. Best decision ever! So thrilling to drive the 911 in the winter also. Sold the 964 which couldn’t take the salted roads and the Insignia and got a Taycan for dd. Looking forward to winter with the adjustable suspension and clever 4x4 system.

Well as one member has found out, it does fine in the dirt so hopefully the same happens in the snow haha.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts