Taycan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching this for years, put my lock in for a date, but deposit down, got a build date and delivery date (for last week)...of course COVID threw everything for a loop. On the plus side, the delay gives me more time to play with options.? I’m trying to email positive here...glom onto the one very small silver lining in this pandemic cloud...But hey, been obsessing on this forum for a bit so I thought I’d jump in and be a member instead of the perpetual lurker.

·
Administrator
64 Posts
Hey @Dlurker . Welcome to the forum!

Do you have a new delivery date set? You're in good company here... lots of delays, but we're taking it all in stride. I guess it'll just be that much sweeter once you finally get your Taycan.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was told October, but honestly at that point I purged any hope of an actual date and translated that to “October plus or minus a few months”.

I really have gone back and made a few changes to Config but at this point it’s the jet black metallic 4S. Though now I’m rethinking that versus the volcanic grey metallic...downside of the time delay is the constant reevaluation! This decision is now really getting to me right now even more than the rear axle steering, which until I drove the Turbo I’d have said definitely never...too much time...

I test drove the Turbo S which, let’s be real, is f’ing scary when you let that horse out of the barn. Addictive but scary...and completely impractical on US highways. As I was waiting for my order to lock in the dealer got one 4s and I drove that. Off the line it isn’t like a race horse on meth, just like a race horse, and that’s great for me.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Thanks. I was told October, but honestly at that point I purged any hope of an actual date and translated that to “October plus or minus a few months”.

I really have gone back and made a few changes to Config but at this point it’s the jet black metallic 4S. Though now I’m rethinking that versus the volcanic grey metallic...downside of the time delay is the constant reevaluation! This decision is now really getting to me right now even more than the rear axle steering, which until I drove the Turbo I’d have said definitely never...too much time...

I test drove the Turbo S which, let’s be real, is f’ing scary when you let that horse out of the barn. Addictive but scary...and completely impractical on US highways. As I was waiting for my order to lock in the dealer got one 4s and I drove that. Off the line it isn’t like a race horse on meth, just like a race horse, and that’s great for me.
Hey @Dlurker,

For 2021 the Taycan will be getting more interior and exterior color options (see this thread: 2021 Porsche Taycan Configurator Shows New Interior and...) so you might want to go back for them, if it won't be too late. I think for the U.S. there is no confirmed date yet but the next model year is likely.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey @TEV31 thanks for the link. I saw some of these when it flashed on the Porsche site for a day, nice to be able to go see again. I like the mahogany version the best of that New bunch but I’m pretty well settled on the black metallic or the volcano grey...one of the curses of too much time,now I question every color combination and as much as I liked the white to begin with, I really liked the subtlety of the black when my local dealer got one in. I haven’t seen a Taycan in the volcano grey in person but saw some similar on the lot, hence now questioning. I’m not big flashy guy but I like quality, and this Taycan has blown me away and ruined every other car for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good question @PocketRocket, I hadn’t changed my mind on anything since the configurator first came out. And then...well I made a few changes after test drives, including moving down to the S after going Warp 9 in the Turbo S (wow that was fun! But seriously, dangerous and almost never could I actually use that). I did add the thermally / noise insulated glass after that. And now I’m debating the rear axel steering...I definitely felt it while driving versus my current BMW, but the Porsche is natively so much better handling that I’m not sure how the Porsche would feel without the extra steering ability. Colors are now plaguing me after thinking I had it all set...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey @TEV31 thanks for the link. I saw some of these when it flashed on the Porsche site for a day, nice to be able to go see again. I like the mahogany version the best of that New bunch but I’m pretty well settled on the black metallic or the volcano grey...one of the curses of too much time,now I question every color combination and as much as I liked the white to begin with, I really liked the subtlety of the black when my local dealer got one in. I haven’t seen a Taycan in the volcano grey in person but saw some similar on the lot, hence now questioning. I’m not big flashy guy but I like quality, and this Taycan has blown me away and ruined every other car for me.
It flashed on the Porsche U.S. site? If so, that's news to me. AFAIK the new Taycan color options are on configurators for Hong Kong and the UAE. Were you able to see some color combinations in person before ordering your own? I know some Taycan demo's were going around and dealers likely had a samples of the colors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It flashed on the Porsche U.S. site? If so, that's news to me. AFAIK the new Taycan color options are on configurators for Hong Kong and the UAE. Were you able to see some color combinations in person before ordering your own? I know some Taycan demo's were going around and dealers likely had a samples of the colors.
They’re still there on HK? I saw it just briefly, I like the increase in variety. At my local Porsche I saw the white Turbo S with red interior and the black S with black interior. White is beautiful and really stands out. Black is more subtle, and that suits my style more. I didn’t get to see the Volcano Grey or other colors in person.

·
Registered
770 Posts
They’re still there on HK? I saw it just briefly, I like the increase in variety. At my local Porsche I saw the white Turbo S with red interior and the black S with black interior. White is beautiful and really stands out. Black is more subtle, and that suits my style more. I didn’t get to see the Volcano Grey or other colors in person.
I'm sometimes iffy about white cars but because Porsche has used it as the primary color since the Mission E it's been seared into my mind as the classic Taycan color.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a black/black 4s and I love it, but, if I could make any changes I would have ordered the sport chrono to get sport plus mode, mine does not have it and maybe the enhanced side skirts, besides that, totally 😊

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Totally agree on mental image that White = Tycan (or Mission E). My initial build was white for exactly that reason. I couldn't imagine anything else. It is like the sleekest Storm Trooper ever! Truly gorgeous, truly stand out...and that's a bit of my issue, I don't want to draw a ton of attention, I just love the car not wanting attention.

I did go by the dealer last night as they had both the Volcano Grey and black (both metallic and jet black non-metallic). In my opinion, the grey looks more executive and the black is more stealthy (the stealth Storm Trooper!)...I finalized my build last night with the black metallic.

You know, I love the sport+ mode and easy of switching the modes on the steering wheel, but I hate that clock on the dash. I didn't go for it. That's just my opinion. Sounds like my build is pretty similar to yours @Cpoarchy

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yes. HK and UAE are some of the first regions to get these colors. Shame we don't.

Snapped this just now from the HK site:
porsche-taycan-configurator-hong-kong.JPG

·
Registered
261 Posts
Good question @PocketRocket, I hadn’t changed my mind on anything since the configurator first came out. And then...well I made a few changes after test drives, including moving down to the S after going Warp 9 in the Turbo S (wow that was fun! But seriously, dangerous and almost never could I actually use that). I did add the thermally / noise insulated glass after that. And now I’m debating the rear axel steering...I definitely felt it while driving versus my current BMW, but the Porsche is natively so much better handling that I’m not sure how the Porsche would feel without the extra steering ability. Colors are now plaguing me after thinking I had it all set...
That's fair, there's a lot of great color combos to go with. Especially if you go with the Mission E wheels. As far as the rear axle steering, it really depends on how you plan on driving the car.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I'm sometimes iffy about white cars but because Porsche has used it as the primary color since the Mission E it's been seared into my mind as the classic Taycan color.
Smitty11...I share your sentiments re the primary Mission E colour....and have been keen to mirror it since first seeing it in 2906. Do you know if it was white or carrara white metallic...?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Smitty11...I share your sentiments re the primary Mission E colour....and have been keen to mirror it since first seeing it in 2906. Do you know if it was white or carrara white metallic...?
It looks more white to me than carrera white.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts