Taycan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

I am Patrick and new to Porsche and this forum. I joined this forum just to get in touch with my fellow Porsche friends and get to know the people around the world. I originally had planned to get a Tesla Plaid coming from my older Mini Cooper Coupé 2011, but got very interested in Porsche's first electric vehicle, the Taycan. As it was already on the market for quite some time, I decided to test-drive my first Porsche and configured my Turbo S as I would want to drive it and made an appointment at my nearest Porsche dealership here in Switzerland. I was happy to be welcomed by my Porsche dealership, walking in as a 21 year old young man. I had envisioned not being taken seriously, because of my young appereance, and they certainly got curious on how I come to be interested in buying a Porsche, in a good sense.

After a nice small talk and overview of my desired specifications, I got to drive the Turbo S with the salesman, again, I did not think they would let me drive such an expensive car, as they knew I was of young age. They said I would get to drive the model I want, after all anything else does not make sense. They even ordered a Turbo S to be delivered from Zürich to their garage just so I could drive it, because they did not have a Turbo S availlable. Now that was high quality service. The car was an absolute blast to drive and had quite a few laughs with the absolute body-crushing acceleration together with the salesman. It was an experience I cannot get out of my head. He explained the car in great detail but I was too busy enjoying the drive and just let him talk :D

Long story short, I told my Porsche salesman to get the papers ready because I will be signing it right then and there. The Tesla will be for someone else. A few signatures here and there and the contract was fixed. I would be getting my Taycan sometime in Q1 2022. This is how I got here. I cannot wait to get my hands on it and am very happy to have joined the Porsche community. Will surely post some updates. Is perhaps anyone else waiting for their Taycan to be delivered around next year?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Excellent choice. Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. Look forward to progress reports on the status of your new Turbo S.

Reactions: TheParaChuter
1 - 2 of 2 Posts