Taycan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone,
My car should be built in a couple days, and then start it’s journey to the states. Moving “up” from a 2017 911 Carrera. I saw online that the CT4 has the same exact power train as the CT4S, so I’m hoping someone will create a mod that will “upgrade” the car so I can get that 1sec faster 0-60. Anyone heard of anything like that? I’ll post pix as soon as I take delivery, right now scheduled for Xmas time, so fingers crossed.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,022 Posts
I'm not aware of any aftermarket product that would do that. BTW welcome to the forum from Georgia.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good evening everyone,
My car should be built in a couple days, and then start it’s journey to the states. Moving “up” from a 2017 911 Carrera. I saw online that the CT4 has the same exact power train as the CT4S, so I’m hoping someone will create a mod that will “upgrade” the car so I can get that 1sec faster 0-60. Anyone heard of anything like that? I’ll post pix as soon as I take delivery, right now scheduled for Xmas time, so fingers crossed.
Not sure that can be done or everyone would buy the 4!! There are other differences too!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Different wheels, red brake callipers, side trims. Not sure the £8000 difference is really justified but having driven 911 4 versus 4S with similar performance and price differences I think I would be disappointed with a 4 especially after an Audi RS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Different wheels, red brake callipers, side trims. Not sure the £8000 difference is really justified but having driven 911 4 versus 4S with similar performance and price differences I think I would be disappointed with a 4 especially after an Audi RS.
Wheels are optional, brake calipers are optional, not sure which side trim you’re referring to? But here stateside, the cars can be optioned identical. I went through the configuration tool for a week between all the trims.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,022 Posts
I started out wanting just the Taycan but I finally went with the 4S and so glad I did.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wheels are optional, brake calipers are optional, not sure which side trim you’re referring to? But here stateside, the cars can be optioned identical. I went through the configuration tool for a week between all the trims.
Quite ok with you Dernawe , and in Europe you will have to pay optional black side trim (standard on the CT4 around the glasses ) if it is your choice.
Black calipers are hidden by the turbo aero design 20" wheels of my CT4.
I sportively drove the CT4 S in Porsche Experience Center Le Mans, honestly , after 4000 km no regrets at all with my CT4 , apart from my self-esteem who would have preferred not to have chosen the entry-level model.;)
Of course , you will be happy with a 4S ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quite ok with you Dernawe , and in Europe you will have to pay optional black side trim (standard on the CT4 around the glasses ) if it is your choice.
Black calipers are hidden by the turbo aero design 20" wheels of my CT4.
I sportively drove the CT4 S in Porsche Experience Center Le Mans, honestly , after 4000 km no regrets at all with my CT4 , apart from my self-esteem who would have preferred not to have chosen the entry-level model.;)
Of course , you will be happy with a 4S ...
Thanks Daniel, I also drove the Ct4 before I ordered it and it’s is perfect for my daily use. But again, if there is a simple upgrade to unleash the additional horsepower, I won’t say no:)

·
Registered
220 Posts
What other differences? I’m sure it will be done, it just hasn’t been done yet. It’s just a software tweak since the drivetrains seem to be identical.
I know that the motors are the same, but I thought that the electronic components that supply the motors is different in order to deliver more current. But just because that is my assumption does not make it so.

I did buy a device for my diesel truck that reprograms the fuel delivery computer for more power but still meeting EPA regulations, so maybe someday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts