Taycan Forum banner

How many others are moving up from 911s or Model S?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is finally the car I've been waiting for since my first 911 in 1985...

Six 911's later and even going electric with a 2013 Model S I think I may have found the one car that will satisfy all my desires.
Porsche quality, handling and braking - check.
100% electric with incredible acceleration- check.
Space for my dog, grandkids or golf clubs (so I can get rid of my BMW X5) - check.

I'm told delivery is w/o Nov 22 for my loaded black metallic beauty. Can't wait!

See you around the Forum!
Dan

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,022 Posts
I traded my 2019 Boxster GTS for a 2021 Taycan 4S and could not be happier.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I traded in my 2004 911 996 Carrera 4S, which I still think was the most perfect object of any kind that I have owned. I do miss it, although I hope that it is mostly how familiar that car was after so many years. I am just not yet fully aware of where all the controls and settings are for the Taycan, and I did like the smaller car. I fully agree that it was just time to stop burning gas and to go 100% electric. I have not yet pushed the Taycan 4CT anywhere near what I was comfortable doing with the 911, and the 911 was the only car I have ever owned for which I never did discover the limits of its handling … taking a freeway exit marked at 15 at 55 did not seem to stress the car at all, and wow could that car stop.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,022 Posts
I was driving on the highway at 65 miles per hour and pulled into a passing lane and hammered it. In the blink of an eye I was at 110 mph. My two passengers were so engrossed in a conversation they had no idea what speed I reached. My 4S acceleration is way faster than my 2019 Boxster GTS but doesn't the same top speed of the Boxster GTS which is okay with me since I could never use that much speed.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was driving on the highway at 65 miles per hour and pulled into a passing lane and hammered it. In the blink of an eye I was at 110 mph. My two passengers were so engrossed in a conversation they had no idea what speed I reached. My 4S acceleration is way faster than my 2019 Boxster GTS but doesn't the same top speed of the Boxster GTS which is okay with me since I could never use that much speed.
On paper the Taycan 4CT has the same 0 - 60 as the 996 C4S and the Taycan has a lower top speed (but without a track I’ll never see that anyway), although I have not pushed the Taycan yet. I’m not yet familiar enough with the car. It seems solid, but finding the ‘dual personality’ of being a great daily driver but always ready to jump into extreme performance is something I am not ready to do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am keeping my 21 992 Targa 4S when my Taycan CT 4S arrives in March . Changing from an Audi RS4 via a temporary VW Golf!! Making a big saving as both Jet Black Metallic so only one touch up paint stick required±!±;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts