Taycan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added a few black accents to my Pure White Taycan 4S to give a little contrast.

1. Taycan 4S decal at bottom of front doors in gloss black
2. Electric emblems next to the charging ports in gloss black
3. Taycan 4S emblem on rear trunk in gloss black.

Still waiting for the center caps in black with color logo instead of the silver and black.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: ICU

·
Registered
52 Posts
Added a few black accents to my Pure White Taycan 4S to give a little contrast.

1. Taycan 4S decal at bottom of front doors in gloss black
2. Electric emblems next to the charging ports in gloss black
3. Taycan 4S emblem on rear trunk in gloss black.

Still waiting for the center caps in black with color logo instead of the silver and black.

View attachment 3303 View attachment 3304 View attachment 3305
Nice : where did u get the Electric emblems?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nice : where did u get the Electric emblems?
Ordered them from my dealer. You can also get them from Suncoast Parts. They come in silver and gloss black.

Reactions: Ferrariderm

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I got a phone call from my dealer today telling me that my center caps had arrived. The dealership is only 3 miles from my home so I drove by to pick them up. With tax they came to $200. I drove my Taycan 4S into the Service Department and asked one of the Service Advisors to pop them on. Much to my surprise I learned that the center caps do not come off like those on every other Porsche model. The only way get them off is to remove the wheel and push them out from the back and that would cost me $178 almost as much as the center caps. At that I point I said never mind and walked back to the Parts Department and returned them. I left the dealer mumbling to myself. Needless to say I was not happy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is my first experience with Porsche and wish I could say, "I'm shocked!". But, from what I've seen so far (and I haven't even gotten my car yet) . . . I'm not.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I got a phone call from my dealer today telling me that my center caps had arrived. The dealership is only 3 miles from my home so I drove by to pick them up. With tax they came to $200. I drove my Taycan 4S into the Service Department and asked one of the Service Advisors to pop them on. Much to my surprise I learned that the center caps do not come off like those on every other Porsche model. The only way get them off is to remove the wheel and push them out from the back and that would cost me $178 almost as much as the center caps. At that I point I said never mind and walked back to the Parts Department and returned them. I left the dealer mumbling to myself. Needless to say I was not happy.
I can help. Order Kaisiking Heavy Duty Suction Cups at Amazon for $8.99. Moisten the cup and press with some force On the center caps since they are not flat with one hand and with other hand use the lever to fasten cup to center cap. Pull out the cap. It may take a few tries to get the cup to create a suction on the cap, but it will work. Also the caps are available at Suncoast Parts at a lower price. goo luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can help. Order Kaisiking Heavy Duty Suction Cups at Amazon for $8.99. Moisten the cup and press with some force on the center caps since they are not flat with one hand and with other hand use the lever to fasten cup to center cap. Pull out the cap. It may take a few tries to get the cup to create a suction on the cap, but it will work. Also the caps are available at Suncoast Parts and may have a lower price. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can help. Order Kaisiking Heavy Duty Suction Cups at Amazon for $8.99. Moisten the cup and press with some force On the center caps since they are not flat with one hand and with other hand use the lever to fasten cup to center cap. Pull out the cap. It may take a few tries to get the cup to create a suction on the cap, but it will work. Also the caps are available at Suncoast Parts at a lower price. goo luck
That sounds like an excellent idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great news. My sales representative call me this morning and told me he could easily remove the center caps and install the new one so off to the dealership I went. When I arrived he was waiting for me at the front door and had a little tool in his hand. It was about 1/2 wide and slightly bent at the tip. Hi simply inserted the bent tip between the center cap and the wheel and wala the cap popped off and on went the new one. I told him it might be a good idea to let the Service Department know this so they can stop telling customer that the wheels have to be removed to get the center caps off at a cost of $178. BTW my sales representative is an outstanding guy.

Reactions: D’Roc

·
Registered
149 Posts
Any reason, besides shock and frustration, you did not take them home and do it yourself? Once over those two things, if you consider how long it will take you to jack the car 4 times to remove 4 wheels (I doubt that the removal and replacement of each cap is more than a 1 minute job) and put them back on … well, by the time you finished doing all 4 you might have felt that the labor was worth the cost. Sure, they lift the car once and have air tools to remove the lug nuts, but they do use a torque wrench to set the tightness correctly.

I’m not saying it is not frustrating, just that there is shop tools and time involved.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yes there is a reason I did not do it myself. I live in a luxury high rise apartment building and am not allow to do any work on my car in the parking deck. Therefore I don't have any jacks or any other tools as a matter of fact. Now if I had the tool that my sales rep had I definitely could have done it myself at the risk of getting caught by the garage patrol. In the end it cost me nothing to have the black and silver ones removed and the colored ones installed so I could not be happier.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes there is a reason I did not do it myself. I live in a luxury high rise apartment building and am not allow to do any work on my car in the parking deck. Therefore I don't have any jacks or any other tools as a matter of fact. Now if I had the tool that my sales rep had I definitely could have done it myself at the risk of getting caught by the garage parol. In the end it cost me nothing to have the black and silver ones removed and the colored ones installed so I could not be happier.
Great news!

·
Registered
2021 Base Taycan Black with Black and Limestone Beige Interior
24 Posts
I can help…Also the caps are available at Suncoast Parts at a lower price. goo luck
Can you confirm the part # for the gold crest logos? I think it’s 9J1-073-002 but would love someone to confirm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought mine at Suncoastparts.com for $169.00. Since each wheel is different you need to order the correct part. Their website lists all wheels or using your VIN to order the correct part. Mine came promptly and were from Porsche. Very pleased.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought mine at Suncoastparts.com for $169.00. Since each wheel is different you need to order the correct part. Their website lists all wheels or using your VIN to order the correct part. Mine came promptly and were from Porsche. Very pleased.
Did the $169 include tax and shipping costs?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If I had ordered from Sun Coast Parts it would have cost me $195 with tax and delivery rather than the $200 at my local dealer which included tax so not much of a difference. I alway prefer giving my business to my dealer unless the price difference is significant.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Installed my clear side markers yesterday. Took about 15 minutes on each side. Really like the way they look.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Reactions: viswaa

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Decided to wrap the roof and outside mirrors in gloss black. Appointment at dealer on Thursday, September 2nd. Will post picture when completed.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts