Taycan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. Just picked up my frozen blue 4s yesterday. Traded in my e-Tron, so lost some room, and the trailer hitch.

I wanted to inquire with the group to see if anyone has installed a roof rack system on your Taycan? I want to carry a road bike with me while on road trips. Other questions I have are am I stuck with the Porsche branded roof rack, or can I go Yakima or Thule? What is noise like at high speed? I am not concerned about range because once the Green River Electrify America charger is open, it will be super easy to get from Denver to southern Utah or Vegas in a day.

thank you in advance.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've read that the Taycan with glass roof has the receptacles for the roof rack. There should be four rectangular receptacles in the metal portion of the roof. I assume you have a car with a glass roof like the rest of us in the US.

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Greetings. Just picked up my frozen blue 4s yesterday. Traded in my e-Tron, so lost some room, and the trailer hitch.

I wanted to inquire with the group to see if anyone has installed a roof rack system on your Taycan? I want to carry a road bike with me while on road trips. Other questions I have are am I stuck with the Porsche branded roof rack, or can I go Yakima or Thule? What is noise like at high speed? I am not concerned about range because once the Green River Electrify America charger is open, it will be super easy to get from Denver to southern Utah or Vegas in a day.

thank you in advance.

in preparation for my Taycan delivery in July i bought the following from Porsche:

Roof Transport system ( bars ) ~ $600
Roof Box 320 ~ $1100
Snowboard/Ski holder ~ $315

can't give an opinion about wind noise/range yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I can't say for certain for the Taycan accessories, but the Cayenne roof rack and accessories are Porsche-branded Thule parts. There is a very slight but noticeable added wind noise from the roof rack on my Cayenne. Enough for me to take it off for routine daily driving, and install during winter months for ski season. Takes 10 minutes or less to install or remove.

I'd get the Porsche roof rack, and then add whatever Thule-compatible accessories you wish.

·
Registered
25 Posts
And congratulations on the new car! Please provide any commentary you have moving from the E-tron to the Taycan, once you've had a chance to drive it a bit more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. After doing a little more research, and further review of the Yakima and Thule sites, it appears the Porsche roof rack system is the default way to go. I will then add on a Yakima bike rack. I will look to do something in the next couple of weeks in advance of the 4th of July weekend.

I will follow up with the forum on any perceptible wind noise. Sorry, I won't be able to provide updates on range impact - I will leave that to the mathematicians and people who want to compare power consumption during a drive with, and without a bike, on the roof.

I am planning on a southern Utah run from Denver over the 4th of July weekend, and if the new EA chargers in Green River, UT and Salina, UT are open, then I have access to EA chargers every 100 to 150 miles, so not concerned about range too much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Roof rack on my Taycan, no thanks .. lol
Coming from my Tesla MS with the glass roof, I purchased the Seasucker

Works great for my road or full suspension mtn bike. I plan on using it on my Taycan roof.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts