Taycan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this new Volcano Gray 4S on June 6. Traded in my 2008 RS-60 for it. We also have a 2015 911 (the wife's) and a 2016 Cayenne S.

All I can say is WOW! This is the most amazing machine I have ever driven. Smooth as silk and powerful as all get out.

I have the charger set up for 240 volts in the garage, but had to throttle the juice back to 30 amps until I can get 10 gauge wire run to it. Still have to get to the local Electrify America and try charging from there, but they are usually not working.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Welome @bushmg

Were you always set on getting the 4S or was the Turbo or Turbo S on your radar at some point? Also what options did you spec it with? Accessories?

·
Super Moderator
756 Posts
Very nice!
And sounds like you've got half of Porsche's fleet in your garage.... love the P-cars!
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welome @bushmg

Were you always set on getting the 4S or was the Turbo or Turbo S on your radar at some point? Also what options did you spec it with? Accessories?
Hi, TEV31.
It was more a question of price and availability. The dealer had a white Turbo S, and this 4S was due to arrive in a week or so, so I jumped on it. I personally prefer the gray to the white.

It has most of the goodies, too:
steering wheel heating
Porsche crest on headrests
20" Turbo wheels with Porsche color center caps
seat heating front and rear
rear 2+1 seats
sport chrono package
Electric sport sound
93.4 KwH battery
passenger display
4-zone climate
On board 150 kW charger
Adaptive Cruise
Premium package
illuminated sill guards
painted power exterior mirrors
tire sealing with air compressor

I'm enjoying the heck out of this amazing machine, and I love reading the stories and comments from other Taycan owners!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hi, TEV31.
It was more a question of price and availability. The dealer had a white Turbo S, and this 4S was due to arrive in a week or so, so I jumped on it. I personally prefer the gray to the white.

It has most of the goodies, too:
steering wheel heating
Porsche crest on headrests
20" Turbo wheels with Porsche color center caps
seat heating front and rear
rear 2+1 seats
sport chrono package
Electric sport sound
93.4 KwH battery
passenger display
4-zone climate
On board 150 kW charger
Adaptive Cruise
Premium package
illuminated sill guards
painted power exterior mirrors
tire sealing with air compressor

I'm enjoying the heck out of this amazing machine, and I love reading the stories and comments from other Taycan owners!
Nice. Were you on the fence about any options and decided to pass?...price can add up quickly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't have the ability to select options on this one. It was coming in in two weeks already configured (porsche code PL5JCRL3). I had "first dibs" on it, and the options looked good to me, so I jumped on it while I had the chance. I might have passed on a few "nice to have" options, like the painted key and mirrors, 4-zone climate (it's just the wife and I) but they wouldn't have changed the price that much anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The grey looks phenomenal in that pic of yours, best I’ve seen on any site (most are indoors and can’t really tell the difference with black). Did you see the black outdoors as well? I’m going back and forth between black and the volcano grey, wondering if you’d have chosen grey or black if both were available.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! I think if both were available, I'd still go with the Volcano Gray. I have a black 911, and the gray has more metalflake "sparkle" that I like better. As you say, it really shows up in the sunlight.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I didn't have the ability to select options on this one. It was coming in in two weeks already configured (porsche code PL5JCRL3). I had "first dibs" on it, and the options looked good to me, so I jumped on it while I had the chance. I might have passed on a few "nice to have" options, like the painted key and mirrors, 4-zone climate (it's just the wife and I) but they wouldn't have changed the price that much anyway.
As far as pre-configured cars go it looks like you got a good one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I life near you in Denton County and I know how hot car interiors can get here. Is the glass roof making the interior excessively hot?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@VinnieBoomBatz No, the interior stays cooler than I would have thought, even in the Texas sun. Whenever I leave the car in an unshaded parking lot, though, I turn on the Precool so that the A/C stays on and keeps the car interior cool. I think there's some UV reflective film in the roof glass to help, too. Next time you wash the car in the sunlight, look at the water droplets on the roof. They are green and orange in the light!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts