Taycan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any shots of it outside in the sun? I’ve been debating an Ice Grey Turbo S, but thus far a lot of the pictures people post it’s raining, overcast, or dark..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome @TheDot!

What other cars have you owned?
Were you consider any other cars before going with the Taycan?
Being a bit of a petrol head, I have owned a wide range of vehicles in the past. I always seemed to have a Porsche of one kind or another in the stable. When the Mission E was announced, I waited patiently for the formal introduction of the Taycan. Rather than get a launch year model and worry about the typical OEM first year learning curve, I ordered a 2021 when it became available.

A former business partner of mine tried to convince me to get a Tesla S a handful of years ago, but the fit and finish, interior and ride quality failed to excite me.

Having been a week now with the Taycan, I am impressed how normal the car feels in all but one respect, the lack of engine sound. Its a smooth, solid ride. The power delivery is linear all the way to speed. The handling is responsive and fun as any Porsche should be. The cabin is quiet. I tend not to use the artificial sports noise.

However, I do miss the sound, the vibration and the shift changes that a petrol engine delivers. The Taycan will certainly be the daily driver, but for fun weekend drives, a 911 will shortly be sitting next to her in the garage. With many OEMs now announcing they are going full electric in the next decade or so, now is the time to enjoy one while I still can.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi just locking in config soon... at mom I'm on Ice grey with paint matching mission e wheels - do you have any pics / video from side in daylight please? Not managed to see one at a dealer yet. Thx
Hello Steve. I don’t have good photos of our black & Bordeaux red interior, but it looks great, an excellent combination. We have 20-inch aero wheels, the kind shown in this photo. The Ice Grey Metallic looks different in different lights, which is a plus, I think. One can see the difference between it and white in the sun, or here though not as well between it and real ice on the Missouri River.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
201 Posts
Just made the jump myself with a 2021 Taycan 4S. Very please so far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts