Taycan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just leased a 2021 Taycan 4S in Pure white with black and beige interior. White is not my favorite color but the dealer gave me such a great deal I could not pass it up. I ordered the Taycan 4S decal for the two front doors plus the word "electric" in gloss black as well as Taycan 4S in gloss black to replace the silver one on the rear deck. The only thing my wife and I are not happy with are the wheels. We are thinking of having them powder coated in gloss black and having the roof wrapped in gloss black to break up some of the white and would love to have your opinion. Thanks

B4AA86CB-83E8-4DA1-A375-0244E8F947CE.jpeg
D801B402-476D-4403-A3A4-E9A0C4BE8996.jpeg
2DED6824-45B0-4B30-9ECE-6AFD795C6AC8.jpeg
4FA2DC9E-5BEE-4C47-A9F8-6AECF9351ED3.jpeg
A2D0DE6B-8791-40C8-8041-B23018EB1DE4.jpeg

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello out there. Does anyone have an opinion they would like to share.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would not modify a leased car, but after that it is all a matter of taste. I ordered with the model designation removed, you clearly want to display yours. One is right for me, the other is right for you.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've already checked with the dealer and was told its okay to powder coat the wheels and wrap the top if that's what I want and it will not cause any issues if I decided to turn the car in at the end of the lease period rather than buying it for its residual value.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just leased a 2021 Taycan 4S in Pure white with black and beige interior. White is not my favorite color but the dealer gave me such a great deal I could not pass it up. I ordered the Taycan 4S decal for the two front doors plus the word "electric" in gloss black as well as Taycan 4S in gloss back to replace the silver one on the rear deck. The only thing my wife and I are not happy with are the wheels. We are thinking of having them powder coated in gloss black and having the roof wrapped in gloss black to break up some of the white and would love to have your opinion. Thanks

View attachment 3287 View attachment 3288 View attachment 3289 View attachment 3290 View attachment 3291
my wife and I purchased a metallic white with the
My wife and I bought a metallic white base Taycan with the premium package which included the dark glass roof and sports wheels. Like you, white is not our favorite color but we also got a good deal. Metallic white is actually not really different than plain white. For potential buyers out there, save your money and get plain white. The dark color helps to break up the white especially if you tint the windows as we did. Good idea. As to the wheels, we are convinced that Porsche standard wheels borders on just plain ugly so buyers would upgrade. I think a gloss black would greatly help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I painted the wheels on my last 911. I was deciding between paint and powder coat and some research I did said the heat process for powder coating was bad for the Alloy wheels. You may want to check that. I think Black wheels would look great on that.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I painted the wheels on my last 911. I was deciding between paint and powder coat and some research I did said the heat process for powder coating was bad for the Alloy wheels. You may want to check that. I think Black wheels would look great on that.
Thanks for responding. I will certainly check into the effects of powder coating on alloy wheels but either way I'm still going to make the wheels black.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I decided not to powder coat the wheels but simply change out the center caps to black with the colored Porsche crest.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hopefully all the accessories I ordered will be in today and installed tomorrow. Will post pictures when finished.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just leased a 2021 Taycan 4S in Pure white with black and beige interior. White is not my favorite color but the dealer gave me such a great deal I could not pass it up. I ordered the Taycan 4S decal for the two front doors plus the word "electric" in gloss black as well as Taycan 4S in gloss back to replace the silver one on the rear deck. The only thing my wife and I are not happy with are the wheels. We are thinking of having them powder coated in gloss black and having the roof wrapped in gloss black to break up some of the white and would love to have your opinion. Thanks

View attachment 3287 View attachment 3288 View attachment 3289 View attachment 3290 View attachment 3291
One piece of advice: Learn to spell

1 - 11 of 11 Posts