Taycan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See the pic. My car is set to display English and it does except sometimes the search bar title is in German! “Ziel suchen”. Nothing else written or spoken is in German…all English. Does anybody else have this problem?

It’s a common comment on this forum that Porsche can’t do tech. Great auto engineers, but apparently technology is over the Germans heads.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
805 Posts
Mine does that occasionally but then always reverts back to English. Must be a little German gremlin in the Nav System.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
805 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got my Taycan two days ago and this exact ‘problem’ showed up after I applied all the latest software updates yesterday. Also noticed on the center control display (lower one) the batter and open trunk/drink buttons on the right side disappeared. Will contact dealer next week and let him know so he can provide feedback. Overall awesome car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got my Taycan two days ago and this exact ‘problem’ showed up after I applied all the latest software updates yesterday. Also noticed on the center control display (lower one) the batter and open trunk/drink buttons on the right side disappeared. Will contact dealer next week and let him know so he can provide feedback. Overall awesome car.
These kind of technology issues are rampant on Taycans and there are way too many. It seems every time I start the car the different media sources are in a different order (radio, SiriusXM, online radio, etc.)…why? Sometimes the dash settings change (I.e., instead of showing the map in the center tube that was displayed when I turned off the car it shows the power meter). Most of the technology issues are an inconvenience, but makes one lose confidence in Porsche’s expertise. Then, there are issues that are beyond being an inconvenience like the very serious and dangerous issue that has caused a recall (sudden loss power while moving). You have to think heads have rolled at Porsche for these problems.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
805 Posts
Because I could not get out of the privacy setting my Porsche dealer did a factory reset of the PCM and since then everything has functioned properly.

·
Registered
Taycan Turbo S, Maclaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Alpha Romeo Giulia Quadrafoglio, Mini Cooper, Tesla P100
16 Posts
These kind of technology issues are rampant on Taycans and there are way too many. It seems every time I start the car the different media sources are in a different order (radio, SiriusXM, online radio, etc.)…why? Sometimes the dash settings change (I.e., instead of showing the map in the center tube that was displayed when I turned off the car it shows the power meter). Most of the technology issues are an inconvenience, but makes one lose confidence in Porsche’s expertise. Then, there are issues that are beyond being an inconvenience like the very serious and dangerous issue that has caused a recall (sudden loss power while moving). You have to think heads have rolled at Porsche for these problems.
The Taycan was not ready for prime time. The 2020 was alpha testing, my 2021 I consider beta testing, hopefully by 2023 the car will be ready to represent the Porsche brand.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
805 Posts
You can just about make that statement about any new product in today's environment. I've had this happen with newly introduced handguns from very reputable manufacturers. The most important factor to me is how large of a percentage of the particular product is subject to any issues and what the manufacture is doing to correct those issues. So far the issues with my 2021 Taycan 4S have been very minor is nature and have been corrected by Porsche. Some people expect perfection from day one and that's very difficult to achieve especially if your product is substantially controlled by a computer. Why do you think the Genius Bar at Apple stays so busy.

Reactions: Alemany

·
Registered
Taycan Turbo S, Maclaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Alpha Romeo Giulia Quadrafoglio, Mini Cooper, Tesla P100
16 Posts
I understand that of a $500 computer. But a car should not have the kind of serious flaws the 2020 model had. Additionally on my 2021, every single time I use the car there is something not right. Either the wrong source of music, or language, or forgot the favorites or tells me I cant do internet music because I need an account but when I try to make an account it tells me I cant get one because I already have one, or Apple Music disappears, or the radio is not installed, of the lights are on and stay on until I come back to the car and turn them off manually, etc etc etc. I've had a few Porsches (and about every other sport or sporty cars including unreliable Italians), and never have I ever seen this Russian roulette every time I turn on the car. Don't think I have ever had a day where I get in the car and all works ok. This is not the Porsche quality I am used to or should expect for a $220K car.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
805 Posts
I guess if I spent $220K for a car I would expect everything to work the its supposed to. It certainly sound like you have more than your fair of gremlins. I certainly hope Porsche resolves your issues sooner rather than later. Good luck.

Reactions: Alemany

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yesterday after I wrote my post, I got in the car and drove to a Chinese restaurant to pick up an order. Parked, left the car, locked it, got my food and came back to the car - total 10 minutes top. When i started it the car was on "Guest" account and of course I had no access to apple music or car play or anything. Pulled over and tried to change to my porsche account, but it and told me i had no account. However, my user account was listed (but grayed out). It told me i needed to create a new account. So i turned it off, locked it, sat there for 5 minutes, unlocked it, turned it on, all was fine, no issues. This is not a Porsche.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
805 Posts
That has to be really aggravating. Have you contacted Porsche NA?

·
Registered
16 Posts
yeah, they have fixed one or two but the large majority are fixed by themselves by the time I get there. It goes for service again next week and I will add this experience. But I can hear them "well, unless it is happening right now, I am not sure we would know what to fix"...

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
805 Posts
I’ve been down that road before. Very frustrating. Wish you good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts