Taycan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 2021 Taycan 4s in March. 6 other Taycans were being delivered that day so the usual Porsche delivery experience was replaced by handing me the fob and my sales guy telling me I probably knew more about the car tech then him…which was true. I love the car and expect issues as it’s a giant computer on wheels… but the car has a mind of its own. Been in the shop twice now for 1 week periods each. The last time they did find some software issues and replaced driver assist model. Still having issues. Last week I had a Taycan 4s loaner which had no issues… but also seemed to have an older PCM software.

1. park assist randomly tells me it is unavailable after working seconds before. A car restart fixes problem

2. Random AC setting change every time I get in car… never the same from when I was last in it. And no… no one else was driving.

3. Radio factories have disappeared completely twice now. Once they came back a day later. Second time never came back.

4. Engine control failure once on a back road near my house going 60. Was able to coast to shoulder and restart. Scary.

5. Hand motion to open frunk no longer working

6. expanded map view on cockpit display… I keep turning on satellite view and randomly turns off when restarting car

7. strange charging errors when 100% charged… the app shows a charging error… but the car display has no error

8. Charging issues at EA station… first charge attempt tries to charge car at 7 miles a minute then bombs out… have to start over then it charges at 3 to 4 miles a minute without issues.

9. Sirius stations list does not show the songs on each station… but I read a software update caused this and everyone is complaining about it.

10. Since getting car back my Sirius keeps telling my I’m in trial Period. Will try sending a refresh single.

Those are the main issues. I keep a log with notes and photos and try to video some of the odd behavior that Porsche can’t seem to replicate.

Hoping software updates will correct all the issues but frustrating that most can’t be replicated while in the shop.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow, quite a list. I have not gotten my 4S (August allocation :() but from reading, you MIGHT be able to fix #2 by saving it to "individual" setting. Seems like that is the only way to save settings. Hope it works!
Wouldn't it be great if you could just drive the danged car w/o the pcm in a bypass mode?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Picked up my 2021 Taycan 4s in March. 6 other Taycans were being delivered that day so the usual Porsche delivery experience was replaced by handing me the fob and my sales guy telling me I probably knew more about the car tech then him…which was true. I love the car and expect issues as it’s a giant computer on wheels… but the car has a mind of its own. Been in the shop twice now for 1 week periods each. The last time they did find some software issues and replaced driver assist model. Still having issues. Last week I had a Taycan 4s loaner which had no issues… but also seemed to have an older PCM software.

1. park assist randomly tells me it is unavailable after working seconds before. A car restart fixes problem

2. Random AC setting change every time I get in car… never the same from when I was last in it. And no… no one else was driving.

3. Radio factories have disappeared completely twice now. Once they came back a day later. Second time never came back.

4. Engine control failure once on a back road near my house going 60. Was able to coast to shoulder and restart. Scary.

5. Hand motion to open frunk no longer working

6. expanded map view on cockpit display… I keep turning on satellite view and randomly turns off when restarting car

7. strange charging errors when 100% charged… the app shows a charging error… but the car display has no error

8. Charging issues at EA station… first charge attempt tries to charge car at 7 miles a minute then bombs out… have to start over then it charges at 3 to 4 miles a minute without issues.

9. Sirius stations list does not show the songs on each station… but I read a software update caused this and everyone is complaining about it.

10. Since getting car back my Sirius keeps telling my I’m in trial Period. Will try sending a refresh single.

Those are the main issues. I keep a log with notes and photos and try to video some of the odd behavior that Porsche can’t seem to replicate.

Hoping software updates will correct all the issues but frustrating that most can’t be replicated while in the shop.
Same here on your number nine issue. SXM has never worked since I picked up the vehicle in April. There is a quick fix where you would assign the favorite button to Sirius XM. Then it goes away again. Was into the dealership and they could not figure it out either. I did read on a forum that a possible fix his replacing the entire PCM.

·
Registered
Taycan Turbo S, Maclaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Alpha Romeo Giulia Quadrafoglio, Mini Cooper, Tesla P100
16 Posts
I too have a 2021. My best one radio wise: Get in the car to go to a car show. Turn on the radio car tells me I have no radio installed I need to go to dealer for that. Ok, im in a hurry to switch to internet radio and listen to music. Go to car show, great time, leave to to go to late breakfast and car tells me I need to create an account top be able to listen to internet radio. Of so try to create an account and it tells me I cant because I aam already registered with an account. Ok, so move to Apple Music and listen to that instead. end breakfast and plan to go to dealer to see what is going on, get in the car and poof! All is working fine, radio, internet radio, Apple Music, all.... Who knows...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same here on your number nine issue. SXM has never worked since I picked up the vehicle in April. There is a quick fix where you would assign the favorite button to Sirius XM. Then it goes away again. Was into the dealership and they could not figure it out either. I did read on a forum that a possible fix his replacing the entire PCM.
I reset to factory settings last night twice.. no luck. Sirius is completely "grayed" out and the subscription information screen is showing gibberish. I'm hesitant to drop the car off for a 3rd time for service... I hate driving the loaners (even though last loaner was a Taycan). I never had any issues with my Macan and the PCM. This doesn't seem to be specific to the Taycan.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I must be lucky. Picked up base with upgraded wheels and premium pkg March 16. So far absolutely flawless. Not one single issue.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
I picked up my 2021 Taycan 4S a week ago and I did have an issue with Sirius XM not logging in. Stopped by my dealer and they had a work around fix. It took about 3 minutes to do the work around and its been fine ever since.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
I must be lucky. Picked up base with upgraded wheels and premium pkg March 16. So far absolutely flawless. Not one single issue.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts