Taycan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 2021 Taycan 4s in March. 6 other Taycans were being delivered that day so the usual Porsche delivery experience was replaced by handing me the fob and my sales guy telling me I probably knew more about the car tech then him…which was true. I love the car and expect issues as it’s a giant computer on wheels… but the car has a mind of its own. Been in the shop twice now for 1 week periods each. The last time they did find some software issues and replaced driver assist model. Still having issues. Last week I had a Taycan 4s loaner which had no issues… but also seemed to have an older PCM software.

1. park assist randomly tells me it is unavailable after working seconds before. A car restart fixes problem

2. Random AC setting change every time I get in car… never the same from when I was last in it. And no… no one else was driving.

3. Radio factories have disappeared completely twice now. Once they came back a day later. Second time never came back.

4. Engine control failure once on a back road near my house going 60. Was able to coast to shoulder and restart. Scary.

5. Hand motion to open frunk no longer working

6. expanded map view on cockpit display… I keep turning on satellite view and randomly turns off when restarting car

7. strange charging errors when 100% charged… the app shows a charging error… but the car display has no error

8. Charging issues at EA station… first charge attempt tries to charge car at 7 miles a minute then bombs out… have to start over then it charges at 3 to 4 miles a minute without issues.

9. Sirius stations list does not show the songs on each station… but I read a software update caused this and everyone is complaining about it.

10. Since getting car back my Sirius keeps telling my I’m in trial Period. Will try sending a refresh single.

Those are the main issues. I keep a log with notes and photos and try to video some of the odd behavior that Porsche can’t seem to replicate.

Hoping software updates will correct all the issues but frustrating that most can’t be replicated while in the shop.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Picked up my 2021 Taycan 4s in March. 6 other Taycans were being delivered that day so the usual Porsche delivery experience was replaced by handing me the fob and my sales guy telling me I probably knew more about the car tech then him…which was true. I love the car and expect issues as it’s a giant computer on wheels… but the car has a mind of its own. Been in the shop twice now for 1 week periods each. The last time they did find some software issues and replaced driver assist model. Still having issues. Last week I had a Taycan 4s loaner which had no issues… but also seemed to have an older PCM software.

1. park assist randomly tells me it is unavailable after working seconds before. A car restart fixes problem

2. Random AC setting change every time I get in car… never the same from when I was last in it. And no… no one else was driving.

3. Radio factories have disappeared completely twice now. Once they came back a day later. Second time never came back.

4. Engine control failure once on a back road near my house going 60. Was able to coast to shoulder and restart. Scary.

6. expanded map view on cockpit display… I keep turning on satellite view and randomly turns off when restarting car

7. strange charging errors when 100% charged… the app shows a charging error… but the car display has no error

8. Charging issues at EA station… first charge attempt tries to charge car at 7 miles a minute then bombs out… have to start over then it charges at 3 to 4 miles a minute without issues.

9. Sirius stations list does not show the songs on each station… but I read a software update caused this and everyone is complaining about it.

10. Since getting car back my Sirius keeps telling my I’m in trial Period. Will try sending a refresh single.

Those are the main issues. I keep a log with notes and photos and try to video some of the odd behavior that Porsche can’t seem to replicate.

Hoping software updates will correct all the issues but frustrating that most can’t be replicated while in the shop.
Ah, I replied to another of your posts a moment ago, not knowing if you have the car or just ordered … now it is clear!

Wow, quite a number of little to not so little problems!

Please keep us informed and what solves any of these problems. I sure hope most of these things get worked out before my expected delivery in early November.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I got my Taycan back from Champion Porsche in Fort Lauderdale on June 11th after a week in the service center. They did find the issue that caused the Engine failure and updated software. I only had the engine issue once and has not happened again since I got the car back.. but it has only been 3 days. Still have all the random nuisances I described above.. but not willing to part with the car for another week until the dealership is confident that they know how to fix the issues. They've been as accommodating as possible (even added some Taycans as loaner cars for us owners), but I feel a little like a guinea pig while they try to reproduce issues and wait for direction from Germany on how to proceed. I love the car and I'm a big Porsche fan. I also accept this is a new frontier for Porsche to get into the EV game.. so I have patience left for them to get things right. Driving the Taycan is like nothing else.... but at some point they either need to fix it or just tell me this is expected behavior so I can just enjoy the car. Sounds like you have a long wait for your delivery.. I was fortuante enough to order in January and took delivery in March. Maybe the rushed it though. Will continue to update on my issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Having same issue that started yesterday. And I’ve had car since March with my own Sirius subscription.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well I don'thave neither time nor energy to go to the dealer for this nonsense. Automatic software update is on in the car, so hopefully they will send some fix for it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I took delivery of my 2021 Taycan Turbo S in mid January from Champion. They seem to be on top of the issues and communicating with Germany efficiently based on my experience. I had the car go into service a few weeks after delivery due to an issue with Sirius but unlike you, my entire Satellite subscription simply crashed and I could not get it to work. Initially they thought a PCM swap might be needed but instead a software patch fixed the issue. Then about a month ago I took the car in for the 2021 update, it was installed with no issues. I have not had any issues with the car since the update was done. Now I am taking my car in next week, but thats for a scratched wheel to be fixed, clearly my fault getting too close to a curb! lol

·
Registered
65 Posts

Yikes! I’m due to go in next week for the update. I haven’t had any issues and don’t want any. Decision time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I got my Taycan back from Champion Porsche in Fort Lauderdale on June 11th after a week in the service center. They did find the issue that caused the Engine failure and updated software. I only had the engine issue once and has not happened again since I got the car back.. but it has only been 3 days. Still have all the random nuisances I described above.. but not willing to part with the car for another week until the dealership is confident that they know how to fix the issues. They've been as accommodating as possible (even added some Taycans as loaner cars for us owners), but I feel a little like a guinea pig while they try to reproduce issues and wait for direction from Germany on how to proceed. I love the car and I'm a big Porsche fan. I also accept this is a new frontier for Porsche to get into the EV game.. so I have patience left for them to get things right. Driving the Taycan is like nothing else.... but at some point they either need to fix it or just tell me this is expected behavior so I can just enjoy the car. Sounds like you have a long wait for your delivery.. I was fortuante enough to order in January and took delivery in March. Maybe the rushed it though. Will continue to update on my issues.
Stephen curious how are you doing on mileage with hot temperatures and blasting AC Is it dropping off or alright?

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
138 Posts
Well I don'thave neither time nor energy to go to the dealer for this nonsense. Automatic software update is on in the car, so hopefully they will send some fix for it.
don't hold your breath. the update seems to have to be done at the dealeship

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've asked the dealership three times now in as many weeks if the updates are working with no problems and they've assured me they have. But reading all the problems some of you have had, I'm keeping fingers and other extremities crossed...it goes in Friday. Biggest concern is re-adding the garage door protocol...a pain in the butt.

·
Registered
85 Posts
They reseted the PCM and they found tons of files have not been uploaded to the car for some reason!! unfortunately, I had to reenter all my settings including the garage, phone, battery ....etc again !! pain in the butt

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
I took delivery of my Taycan 4S on 6/7/2021 and they only issue I have had to date is my Sirius XM radio would not load. Stopped by my dealer and they had a work around. Since then the Sirius XM has been functioning flawlessly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts