Taycan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned Taycan Turbo for about a year and never had issue with charging until about one month ago... The charging session using Porsche charger at 40A will stop after 90-120 mins charging, and the charging cable is hot...I brought the charger and car to the dealership to get upgraded...

The rep told me, they can charge it all the way to 100% without stopping...but I am not sure if they used their own charger or my charger. I let the electrician checked the power outlets...it is fine too with capacity all the way up to 50A.

I am just wondering if you guys have been in the same situation or not.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Do you have a "driver profile" , i.e. did you set up a driver specific time for the car to be charged during the night for example, other than the "general profile"?

·
Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
Interesting video but I live in an apartment building and always do my charging at EA charging stations.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently started experiencing this same issue.
I was only getting a partial charge but noticed the charging cable gets very hot. I took the car in (along with my charger) and asked them to look at both and they ended up replacing the charging port in the car. However after I brought it home the issue has persisted. I have decided to go away from the Porsche charger and replace with a Wallbox unit to see if that changes it (bought on Amazon so can return). Interestingly when I asked the dealer if they tested my charger they admitted they had not. Just goes to show that they still don’t really provide good service to their EVs yet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have owned Taycan Turbo for about a year and never had issue with charging until about one month ago... The charging session using Porsche charger at 40A will stop after 90-120 mins charging, and the charging cable is hot...I brought the charger and car to the dealership to get upgraded...

The rep told me, they can charge it all the way to 100% without stopping...but I am not sure if they used their own charger or my charger. I let the electrician checked the power outlets...it is fine too with capacity all the way up to 50A.

I am just wondering if you guys have been in the same situation or not.
I had the same issue and Porsche first decided in was the onboard charger in the car (Turbo S 2020). When I got home the failure was still there. I then read online that the cable can degrade and when they tried my cable at the dealership they determined that the contact points were burnt and the cable got too hot and stopped. They replaced the cable (25 ft.) and now everything is back to normal. They could not test my home charging unit because they did not have a Nema 14-50 outlet. Bizarre, but this is a new world for Porsche and they are still figuring it all out.

Try demanding a new cable. I bet they're using a good one to test your system at the dealership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts