Taycan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I get into my car and Apple CarPlay is activate, my music source automatically always goes to Apple CarPlay rather than remaining with my last chosen music source. Does anyone know how to keep the last chosen music source active even when CarPlay is activated?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whenever I get into my car and Apple CarPlay is activate, my music source automatically always goes to Apple CarPlay rather than remaining with my last chosen music source. Does anyone know how to keep the last chosen music source active even when CarPlay is activated?
I have the same issue in my 4S and it is really irritating. Do not know of any settings in the Taycan to change the behavior and looking to log the issue with Porsche so that it can be added to their list of enhancements. As a work around, I ended up turning off the "auto join" setting for the Taycan wifi network on my iPhone. At least this keeps the PCM from switching to Car Play every time I get in the car. The downside, is I have to manually activate the wifi on my phone when I really do want to use Apple Car Play. Not a big deal as I don't use Car Play that much but Porsche really needs to refine the integration of Car Play in the Taycan.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same issue in my 4S and it is really irritating. Do not know of any settings in the Taycan to change the behavior and looking to log the issue with Porsche so that it can be added to their list of enhancements. As a work around, I ended up turning off the "auto join" setting for the Taycan wifi network on my iPhone. At least this keeps the PCM from switching to Car Play every time I get in the car. The downside, is I have to manually activate the wifi on my phone when I really do want to use Apple Car Play. Not a big deal as I don't use Car Play that much but Porsche really needs to refine the integration of Car Play in the Taycan.
I am surprised there is no work around. I looked as well and could not find one. But I do use CarPlay so rather not shut off auto disconnect.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Similar thing with SIRUS XM it goes to the preview channel, every time, I turn the car on and off, then I have to change the channel by voice command to my favorite channel. So dumb!

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
817 Posts
Similar thing with SIRUS XM it goes to the preview channel, every time, I turn the car on and off, then I have to change the channel by voice command to my favorite channel. So dumb!
I had an issue with my Sirius XM radio not loading but the dealer had a work around that corrected the issue. Have you discussed your issue with the selling dealer? As far as Apple Car Play is concerned I don't activate it because I don't use it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same issue with it changing from the last source to CarPlay on restart. It IS irritating. This car is fraught with annoying issues. I don’t know of a work around and hope they fix it.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
817 Posts
I have the same issue with it changing from the last source to CarPlay on restart. It IS irritating. This car is fraught with annoying issues. I don’t know of a work around and hope they fix it.
Is the dealership giving you any inkling of what's going on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts