Taycan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given that wheel mass, aerodynamics, and tire selection influence range & energy efficiency, which Porsche wheel choice most benefits range? Let's assume same tire is available for all wheel diameters so tire choice doesn't impact decision.

Also, by how much does it influence range?

Lastly, should tire choice make a significant difference in range, what is best choice of tire?

·
Registered
67 Posts
19s will probably be the most efficient, but I got the Turbo wheels. They probably won't be that much less.

Chuck J

·
Super Moderator
782 Posts
I can't say for sure about the wheels. As for tires, they can definitely make a few percentage points difference when it comes to range/economy.

This list below is pretty detailed. I'm not sure if you can get any of these tires in a size for a Taycan though. The Pirellis would probably be a good pick, although I generally default to Michelins on everything.

You'll definitely see an impact when it comes to performance though...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for providing.

I am a fan of Michelin tires as well. I did notice the article wrote about the Hankook Kinergy Eco, the only tire described as being for a performance car.

·
Super Moderator
782 Posts
I checked Tirerack and it looks like they have sizes, but there are zero reviews for this tire so far there.

Hankook Kinergy Eco porsche taycan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts