Taycan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Mercedes and AMG all-electric sports saloon uses "a dual-motor powertrain capable of producing 447kW of power and 900Nm of torque and offering all-wheel drive traction. By comparison, the Porsche Taycan Turbo S makes 560kW and 1050Nmm and Tesla’s upcoming ‘Plaid’ tri-motor set-up is rumoured to be producing up to 596kW and more than 1000Nm"

Other EQS AMG specs like range are unknown. Real-world range of over 500km is very possible, along with an 80% recharge in just 20 minutes.

We'll also see an EQE mid-size sedan and EQG SUV before 2025.

·
Registered
817 Posts
If it looks anything like the concept I think it could give the Taycan and the Model S a serious run for their money.

Mercedes-AMG EQS
Mercedes-AMG EQS

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Meh, I think that thing (is that the EQS?) just looks too weird for me.
Its just a concept that's supposed to be a showcase of tech representing a wide range of Mercedes EV's to come. So it doesn't tell us that much here.

·
Super Moderator
778 Posts
Its just a concept that's supposed to be a showcase of tech representing a wide range of Mercedes EV's to come. So it doesn't tell us that much here.
It's funny how some concepts are almost identical to the production cars. Then there are those wacky concepts that share nothing at all the same with a production car.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's funny how some concepts are almost identical to the production cars. Then there are those wacky concepts that share nothing at all the same with a production car.
It depends on the goals a company has. Here, its big and covers nearly everything that's not an SUV.

Also, it turns out this Model S/Taycan rival might actually be called the EQE

mercedes-benz-eqe-rendering-03.jpg
mercedes-benz-eqe-rendering-02.jpg
mercedes-benz-eqe-rendering-01.jpg

I like what these rendering show and it should get even better when the EQE specs get announced. My expectation is that range will be better. Possibly its key strength in this segment that could outpace the Model S. Pricing not so much... its a Mercedes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts