Taycan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am kind of curious, I had to look him up. Besides just having money is there something about him that makes him buying a Taycan interesting?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am kind of curious, I had to look him up. Besides just having money is there something about him that makes him buying a Taycan interesting?
I posed this because he is a well-known tech entrepreneur, philanthropist and most of all because he is a Taycan fan. He managed to get the first Turbo S at the Marin County (N Cal) dealer. I’ve had a reservation there since the Taycan was announced. My Turbo S reservation was supposed to be a June build but that was delayed with the shutdowns. I must admit I have some Taycan Turbo S envy right now.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I posed this because he is a well-known tech entrepreneur, philanthropist and most of all because he is a Taycan fan. He managed to get the first Turbo S at the Marin County (N Cal) dealer. I’ve had a reservation there since the Taycan was announced. My Turbo S reservation was supposed to be a June build but that was delayed with the shutdowns. I must admit I have some Taycan Turbo S envy right now.
join the club .. got Taycan ownership envy right about now too .. my Turbo build got delayed 2x due to COVID19 shutdown and am looking at end of July for delivery. I got 1 inventory Turbo S + a couple Turbo/4S at my dealership if you want it .. could bite the bullet here myself today but none of the inventory build specs are close to my build .. so am gonna wait .. patiently

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well as a Turbo S owner I will honestly say, yes its nice, and I understand the frustration as build slots got delayed. But unless you need the “S” designation a Turbo is 95% the same car, and 4S is much better price/performance. The Turbo/Turbo S are just simply too much.

I ended up grabbing a launch Turbo S after a dealer tried to screw me out of my own build slot (actually Porsche significantly cut back the Turbo S slots for the rest of the year before the whole Covid mess and my dealer lost their upcoming slot but wouldn’t admit it). So I got very lucky.

Not to rub it in it was just dumb luck that I walked into the right dealer at the right time. Got mine in Jan, my build slot was supposed to be late March.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Too bad a cheaper Taycan might not happen for the U.S., I'm sure many will prefer that price/performance.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well as a Turbo S owner I will honestly say, yes its nice, and I understand the frustration as build slots got delayed. But unless you need the “S” designation a Turbo is 95% the same car, and 4S is much better price/performance. The Turbo/Turbo S are just simply too much.

I ended up grabbing a launch Turbo S after a dealer tried to screw me out of my own build slot (actually Porsche significantly cut back the Turbo S slots for the rest of the year before the whole Covid mess and my dealer lost their upcoming slot but wouldn’t admit it). So I got very lucky.

Not to rub it in it was just dumb luck that I walked into the right dealer at the right time. Got mine in Jan, my build slot was supposed to be late March.

I did the same thing, I took the launch car that was offered to me. And now there are at least 2 cars at my dealership that haven't even sold. I like the car very much, its cool, range is decent and it's pretty fast. It's a nice addition to my garage. I'm glad I did the Turbo S, it's a matter of cool factor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts