Taycan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not new news, but the first time I found it:

Cheers!
Thanks for sharing this video. Speaking of making a Taycan, I thought all were made at the Stuttgart Zuffenhausen plant. However, the Monroney window sticker for my 2021 4S says “Built in Leipzig.” Are Taycans actually now being built there too?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going to post one under Macan videos which really shows off the “just in time” nature of the Porsche factories.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can’t find the Macan video section I thought I remembered, so I’ll post it under Other Models: Macan Electric

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
866 Posts
Fascinating video.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fascinating video.
I liked it too! For a better look at how the ‘just in time’ inventory system works along with the Porsche custom ordering system I posted another video in the Macan section which makes all that very clear. But many parts of Porsche manufacturing are the same.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I liked it too! For a better look at how the ‘just in time’ inventory system works along with the Porsche custom ordering system I posted another video in the Macan section which makes all that very clear. But many parts of Porsche manufacturing are the same.
Ooops! I should take a moment and see what forum section I am reading!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for sharing this video. Speaking of making a Taycan, I thought all were made at the Stuttgart Zuffenhausen plant. However, the Monroney window sticker for my 2021 4S says “Built in Leipzig.” Are Taycans actually now being built there too? View attachment 3273
All Taycans are made at the Zuffenhausen Stuttgart plant, but my helpful Porsche dealer has checked Monroney stickers and some say Built in Leipzig—Reason for the difference? Unknown.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
866 Posts
That’s a bit strange.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts