Taycan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my main battery replaced. What a challenge of patience. Finally replaced after about 6 weeks. I will share some more info on my TaycanMan YT channel in the near future. In the meantime, here are some amazing pics from under the bottom of the Taycan.

Battery Removed

Main Battery

New Battery going in. Gotta have a forklift!

New Battery in!
BTW look at all that cooling plumbing up front! Amazing engineering to keep the battery and other components cool.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Just had my main battery replaced. What a challenge of patience. Finally replaced after about 6 weeks. I will share some more info on my TaycanMan YT channel in the near future. In the meantime, here are some amazing pics from under the bottom of the Taycan. View attachment 2954
Battery Removed

View attachment 2955
Main Battery
View attachment 2956

View attachment 2957
New Battery in!
BTW look at all that cooling plumbing up front! Amazing engineering to keep the battery and other components cool.
Great photos @Techwizard100. What was the issue with your Taycan that required the whole battery to be replaced?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had my main battery replaced. What a challenge of patience. Finally replaced after about 6 weeks. I will share some more info on my TaycanMan YT channel in the near future. In the meantime, here are some amazing pics from under the bottom of the Taycan. View attachment 2954
Battery Removed

View attachment 2955
Main Battery
View attachment 2956

View attachment 2957
New Battery in!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great photos @Techwizard100. What was the issue with your Taycan that required the whole battery to be replaced?
A big peice of somthing hit the bottom of the car! A truck in front dropped a bunch of what appeared to be auto engine parts from a junkyard on the road at 70mph in the fast lane. Bang. The battery reported error but allowed me to drive to Dealer. 6 weeks and counting. Car should be done tomorrow!

·
Registered
951 Posts
A big peice of somthing hit the bottom of the car! A truck in front dropped a bunch of what appeared to be auto engine parts from a junkyard on the road at 70mph in the fast lane. Bang. The battery reported error but allowed me to drive to Dealer. 6 weeks and counting. Car should be done tomorrow!
Wow I'm so sorry to hear that, hopefully you were alright. Did the debris make a hole in the battery? I hope you're not paying out of pocket for this.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Battery Removed

View attachment 2955
Main Battery
View attachment 2956

View attachment 2957
New Battery in!
Why did it take so long to replace. Is this a normal period or was it because this was one of the first times it had been done?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why did it take so long to replace. Is this a normal period or was it because this was one of the first times it had been done?
From my understanding, when mine was replaced (Jan/Feb) there was only one spare available in the US.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow. I would think they’ve added more now. But still they’d have to be shipped from a central long, perhaps LA.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Battery Removed

View attachment 2955
Main Battery
View attachment 2956

View attachment 2957
New Battery in!
Wow. I would think they’ve added more now. But still they’d have to be shipped from a central long, perhaps LA.
Did you get a loaner???

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Was it a standard battery or the battery plus?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Battery Plus. Several of the cells were damaged along with the cooling plumbing. Entire battery needed replacing.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts