Taycan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my Taycan on its first long trip. Ran into some charging frustrations and issues. The apps were a bit confusing but thanks to a lot of posts I learned a lot..so thx to the forum.. Wondering if anyone has experienced the 150k charger would work but the 350k would not. Tried multiple EA stations Locations and chargers. EA support couldn’t figure it out either over the phone.. gonna head to the dealer too, just throwing it out here.. thx

·
Super Moderator
787 Posts
Glad to hear the info here was helpful. Where did you drive take you?
Odd that the 350k wouldn't work. First I've heard of any issues with it. If your dealer has any info, please share it.

And welcome to the forum @ericboehm40 !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, went from Tracy Ca to San Clemente.. Intimidated on the way, but confident on the return. 1st electric vehicle.. I'm looking forward to many more drives.. The car handled and drove beautifully :)

Glad to hear the info here was helpful. Where did you drive take you?
Odd that the 350k wouldn't work. First I've heard of any issues with it. If your dealer has any info, please share it.

And welcome to the forum @ericboehm40 !

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thanks, went from Tracy Ca to San Clemente.. Intimidated on the way, but confident on the return. 1st electric vehicle.. I'm looking forward to many more drives.. The car handled and drove beautifully :)
Nice choice for a first EV! Were you always set on the Taycan or considered other vehicles as well?
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, took my RS in for a service and GM tossed me the keys to a Taycan... Needless to say I was immediately hooked.. Now I just need a track day to set her free.. LOL

Nice choice for a first EV! Were you always set on the Taycan or considered other vehicles as well?
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bummer to hear about the frustrations, but glad you made it. I just got mine last week, and I am already trying to figure out my run from Cleveland to Philly. The Penna Turnpike seems to have a good set of charging stations. How was your range overall? So far, I've only been doing short jaunts so no real frame of reference yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Eric.

Did you drive down there via I5? How many stops to recharge and was it easy to find EA chargers without too much range anxiety? Finally, what kind of range were you getting? Thanks.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thanks, took my RS in for a service and GM tossed me the keys to a Taycan... Needless to say I was immediately hooked.. Now I just need a track day to set her free.. LOL
Haha nice. Great way to be introduced to it.
Anything you miss about your RS that is not in the Taycan?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have had better luck with EA 150 KW charger than EA 350 KW charger. I was told you have 20 seconds from plugging the cable in to initiating the Charging America session.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The range reads at 212 at 100 percent... plenty of range to make each station..

Bummer to hear about the frustrations, but glad you made it. I just got mine last week, and I am already trying to figure out my run from Cleveland to Philly. The Penna Turnpike seems to have a good set of charging stations. How was your range overall? So far, I've only been doing short jaunts so no real frame of reference yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had total anxiety on the way down to LA on the 5 and was trying to "nurse" the range not knowing what was coming LOL.... Once I figured out how to pay and use the App, things became a little easier and less frustrating.. On the way down I charged to 80 percent at every stop using the 150kw charger and took about 30-35 minutes each stop.. I learned that I actually didn't need to be at 80% each time to make the next station.. So. on the way home, I used the EA App to find locations, and only charged about 15% more than I needed to make it to the next EA charging station. (Not sure if thats Smart or Not), however, I was able to reduce my charge/stop times to 20 min or less.. Took 3 Stops from Tracy to San Clemente...Plenty of EA stations and of course the hotel had a charger that worked out great for overnight charging.
The Porsche Navi had me making a few more stops for more time. I heard there is the ability to set the Porsche Navi range to lower minimums... Like I said, Im am still totally learning... I feel like I did when I switched from Android to iPhone, LOL...

Hi Eric.

Did you drive down there via I5? How many stops to recharge and was it easy to find EA chargers without too much range anxiety? Finally, what kind of range were you getting? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just took my Taycan on its first long trip. Ran into some charging frustrations and issues. The apps were a bit confusing but thanks to a lot of posts I learned a lot..so thx to the forum.. Wondering if anyone has experienced the 150k charger would work but the 350k would not. Tried multiple EA stations Locations and chargers. EA support couldn’t figure it out either over the phone.. gonna head to the dealer too, just throwing it out here.. thx
There have been times that the 350 chargers were not working. Not a TAYCAN issue, an Elecrify America issue. I confirmed That with EA support when it occurred. When it happened I was able to charge successfully with 150k

·
Registered
3 Posts
There have been times that the 350 chargers were not working. Not a TAYCAN issue, an Elecrify America issue. I confirmed That with EA support when it occurred. When it happened I was able to charge successfully with 150k
When you spoke with them, did they give any insight as to what the issue was?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Electrify America network sucks

·
Registered
162 Posts
I Have routinely experienced 20% greater range than listed on the instrument panel.
Then you are the ONLY one. I know 3 other "actual" owners and we all have the exact opposite experience. We get 10-15% WORSE range than the estimate. I'd like to see actual pics of your starting estimate and then the pics of actual range driven.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts