Taycan Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
90 Posts
To compete with Tesla any other automaker no matter how awesome are their cars, needs a supercharger network similar or better than Tesla’s. The car is just 50% of the experience.
this is not true at all, the vast majority of EV owners never use superchargers or chargers away from their homes, most people rarely if ever take trips longer than the range of their car

·
Registered
25 Posts
The majority of owners drive less than 50 miles per year, yet the sweet spot is 300 miles, the majority of owners of trucks want to have hitch and they don’t have anything to tow, the majority of owners wants faster cars, yet the speed limit is 55 mph in US. But the fact is that when the time comes to charge if the experience sucks, the car sucks. Agreed that I personally used Superchargers 3 times per year, but for the reason is available I still keep a Model S as my main travel car. I like the Taycan but I have no patience to deal with the unreliable CCS network with 50 to 350kw/h.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
90 Posts
The majority of owners drive less than 50 miles per year, yet the sweet spot is 300 miles, the majority of owners of trucks want to have hitch and they don’t have anything to tow, the majority of owners wants faster cars, yet the speed limit is 55 mph in US. But the fact is that when the time comes to charge if the experience sucks, the car sucks. Agreed that I personally used Superchargers 3 times per year, but for the reason is available I still keep a Model S as my main travel car. I like the Taycan but I have no patience to deal with the unreliable CCS network with 50 to 350kw/h.
the speed limit is 55? are you stuck in 1977?
you're complaining about being able to charge at EA units that offer 150kw or 350 kw? the majority of tesla superchargers don't come close to those speeds

·
Registered
25 Posts
the speed limit is 55? are you stuck in 1977?
you're complaining about being able to charge at EA units that offer 150kw or 350 kw? the majority of tesla superchargers don't come close to those speeds
I can see you don’t live in US, speed is 55 mph with few exception. Yes sure EA has 350 kWh veeeeery few of them and the last time I try it was a Leaft using the chademo, so I went for 150kwh. Tesla V3 supercharger are 250kwh and we all wish we have a network like that in 5 years to be optimistic

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
90 Posts
I can see you don’t live in US, speed is 55 mph with few exception. Yes sure EA has 350 kWh veeeeery few of them and the last time I try it was a Leaft using the chademo, so I went for 150kwh. Tesla V3 supercharger are 250kwh and we all wish we have a network like that in 5 years to be optimistic
you must be residing in a different USA where in the US is the speed limit 55 mph? maybe in urban areas but here in florida the speed limits on roads like I 95 I 75 I 10 I 4 are either 65 or 70 mph. in other states it is up to 75 MPH.

read this and join us in the 21st century

·
Registered
25 Posts
you must be residing in a different USA where in the US is the speed limit 55 mph? maybe in urban areas but here in florida the speed limits on roads like I 95 I 75 I 10 I 4 are either 65 or 70 mph. in other states it is up to 75 MPH.

read this and join us in the 21st century
I said some exemptions like the one you mentioned. you referred to a rular interstate.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
90 Posts
I said some exemptions like the one you mentioned. you referred to a rular interstate.
you're still out of touch with reality, speeds are usually higher on rural roadways.
do yourself a favor and stop, admit that your assertion is incorrect and move on.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts