Taycan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took my 2021 Taycan 4s in for recall & I have noticed a drastic decrease in battery range! Before the recall, my battery range would be between 250 - 278 miles now ot ranges from 218 - 227. I have scheduled a follow up appointment but has anyone else experienced this?

· Registered
310 Posts
I recently took my 2021 Taycan 4s in for recall & I have noticed a drastic decrease in battery range! Before the recall, my battery range would be between 250 - 278 miles now ot ranges from 218 - 227. I have scheduled a follow up appointment but has anyone else experienced this?
Is this the range reported by the guesstimator? Or is this milage from actual driving?

Getting a software update often wipes clean your personal data.

· Registered
2012 Cayenne S | 2020 Taycan Turbo
98 Posts
I’ve had the Safety Recall software update done and I haven’t seen any material difference in the projected range for my 2020 Taycan Turbo. I’ve also had no “glitches” in anything software related since that recall update.

· Registered
7 Posts
My dec 2020 turbo S has a range of 220 miles.. last summer the range dropped overnight to 130… went in for treatment at porsche and they got it back up to 220 but they never found out what was wrong so remains a mystery.. porsche makes outstanding hardware but their software leaves a lot to be desired… i think its the battery management software that is in beta mode and quite flaky!

· Registered
26 Posts
The range estimate from the PCM is based on recent driving history. I have noticed a drop after having my 2021 Taycan in for service as well, but figured the technician "road tested" the car and drove the hell out of it on the highway.

· Registered
1 Posts
I’ve just the routine recall carried out and I had been pleased that the range was showing 250 after charge but returning around 270 over the summer but now it shows 220 after full charge and today I’ve cover 162 miles and have 52 left, totalling 214. It’s booked back in for a November date but what can have gone wrong?

· Registered
2020 Taycan Turbo S
50 Posts
I’ve just the routine recall carried out and I had been pleased that the range was showing 250 after charge but returning around 270 over the summer but now it shows 220 after full charge and today I’ve cover 162 miles and have 52 left, totalling 214. It’s booked back in for a November date but what can have gone wrong?
My range decreased steadily over a 2 year period.

· Registered
2 Posts
I have 2020 Taycan 4s. After the recall visit it is going thru the same problem, the range drop about 30miles.

Has your issue been fixed? Any findings?
Please help. Thanks.

Chad from Austin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts