Taycan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my screen locked in the ”scan” mode for two hours. When I got home my ipad “connect” app stated a climate control issue.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
774 Posts
How has it been since? Was that the first time it did that? My Sirius XM radio would not load so I stopped by my dealer and they had a work around. It's been perfect since.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This all happened this afternoon. After 2 hours the system returned to normal. My dealer has no idea what happened or if it needs attention. I was told if it re-occurs I should schedule a service appointment….
I am slightly un-nerved that it will happen again at an in-opportune time. i have had the car for 2 weeks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
When u say screen do you mean just the middle screen that displays Navigation/media etc or were all your screens locked?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
774 Posts
Please let us know if it happens again. Hopefully, it won't. Perhaps viswaa is correct or it was simply an anomaly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think Porsche pushed an over the air update. BIG MISTAKE not to ask first! My other “devices” ask first.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
774 Posts
I think Porsche pushed an over the air update. BIG MISTAKE not to ask first! My other “devices” ask first.

Good to know. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
774 Posts
I've been told by a Tech at my dealership that some software hangups can be cleared by shutting the car off, exiting and locking the car for at least 10 minutes. Might be worth a try.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It did clear after two hours…shut down, etc, did not help.
dealer thinks it was a software push…again, stupid and dangerous while using the vehicle 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
774 Posts
So far I've be lucky. My OTA downloads have been flawless. Hope that continues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had assorted Gremlins, nothing like this screen lockdown. Could not get my radio to work; iphone worked fine. Cleared on its own in 24 hours. I have three garage doors programmed; middle one would not work; other two were fine. Also cleared on its own.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
774 Posts
Had another OTA map update today with no issues.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
774 Posts
When I turned my 4S on this morning the screen was locked up like 911Jeff's above but my Sirius radio was playing. I keep that screen on Media and the Navigation screen behind the steering wheel. There was a message there saying map loading. I drove 10 minutes to breakfast and locked the car. When I entered a half hour later everything was back to normal. I have a feeling there was a map updated downloading when I first started the car. In any event, I'll keep an eye on it. I have a service appointment on 9/1 to get my electric steering wheel calibrated so I'll mention this anomaly then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts