Taycan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I got the latest update for my 2020 Taycan 4S. Since then I have not been able to limit charging at home to 85%. Before the update I could put minimum charge at 85% in my profile and it would stop charging. Now it charges to 100% every time with the same profile. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Delete your old profile and enter a new profile with 85% again. Make sure, direct charge at Porsche connect app and in the middle console are "off". This should do the trick.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan RWD, Cherry Red Metallic
7 Posts
The profiles are confusing and it took me a while to sort this out myself. Here is what to do:

1. Make a home profile. Leave the minimum charging time at 25%. (NOTE: It's a MINIMUM not your desired charge level!) Optionally, set a time window if you have time-of-use discounts.
2. Make a timer. Set it for the earliest time you might want to use the car (mine is set for 6AM every day.) Set your desired max charge of 85% here.

If you plug in the car below 25%, it will immediately charge to 25% then wait. It does this to ensure the car always has some range for emergencies.
The car will start charging such that it's ready to go with 85% by 6AM, honoring the time window if set, and possible.

All this was made much more complicated than it should be, IMO!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The profiles are confusing and it took me a while to sort this out myself. Here is what to do:

1. Make a home profile. Leave the minimum charging time at 25%. (NOTE: It's a MINIMUM not your desired charge level!) Optionally, set a time window if you have time-of-use discounts.
2. Make a timer. Set it for the earliest time you might want to use the car (mine is set for 6AM every day.) Set your desired max charge of 85% here.

If you plug in the car below 25%, it will immediately charge to 25% then wait. It does this to ensure the car always has some range for emergencies.
The car will start charging such that it's ready to go with 85% by 6AM, honoring the time window if set, and possible.

All this was made much more complicated than it should be, IMO!
ESPECIALLY since by 2021 owner's manual ha sit completely wrong -- it has the old setup from early 2020.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts