Taycan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've negotiated many, many new car leases and understand how to play this game if you're leasing, rather than financing your Taycan. You won't get a bargain deal on a Taycan of course, but pooling our data points together on dealer discounts and other deal details may save many of us thousands, and be a worthwhile use of our time. If there's demand, I'll write a full primer on negotiating leases. I love diving into sales strategy and analyzing deals.

For now, I'd like to share the money factor Porsche dealers are working with right now on the Taycan: .00250 for excellent credit, which most here probably have. In most states, if not all states, it's legal for the dealer to mark up that rate, not disclose the markup to you, and pocket that markup on the rate all without you knowing. I earn my living on the ultra-luxury end of the real estate sales business here in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area and let me tell you, if your mortgage lender tried to do that, they'd pay a fine. We have transparency in home lending but no transparency in auto lending. Anyway, this means that you need to pointedly demand the "buy-rate" (.00250). The salesperson won't want to give you this info or rate because they are accustomed to padding profit on the rate, and will probably make excuses. IMO, a great salesperson would realize you're too educated to play games with and don't have time to waste, extend you the buy rate, and focus on earning profit on other aspects of the deal while building goodwill with you for quickly agreeing to the buy rate.

This money factor rate is updated every month, so that figure will go out of date shortly. If someone could update the thread with the current rate each month, that would be useful.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have a feeling there's a lot of people here that are planning on leasing the Taycan, especially since it's the first generation and with the Cross and Sport Turismos coming out soon.

I think some tips on negotiating would be very helpful since dealers in general are moving towards the "no haggling" approach.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the rest of February, here are the residual values Porsche is using for lease calculations. You can't negotiate this residual value figure, but you can negotiate the money factor rate (which is the interest rate) all the way down to the dealer buy-rate.

41% Turbo S
44% Turbo
50% 4S

·
Registered
602 Posts
For the rest of February, here are the residual values Porsche is using for lease calculations. You can't negotiate this residual value figure, but you can negotiate the money factor rate (which is the interest rate) all the way down to the dealer buy-rate.

41% Turbo S
44% Turbo
50% 4S
This is great information, I never knew what kind of numbers Porsche was dealing with for leasing. Are these residual vales similar to other Porsche's?

·
Registered
15 Posts

41% Turbo S
44% Turbo
50% 4S
The residual is the problem with the lease on this car.
For 12k miles, 48months was in the high 30s in January 2020 for the Turbo
I believe the 4s has a higher residual because the Turbo & Turbo S value will be closer to the 4S in the secondary market

EVs & Hybrids lose more value than ICE, but I suspect the Taycan will hold its value better than other EVs because it's a Porsche.
This means we will have higher residuals for more attractive leases in the future

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The residual is the problem with the lease on this car.
For 12k miles, 48months was in the high 30s in January 2020 for the Turbo
I believe the 4s has a higher residual because the Turbo & Turbo S value will be closer to the 4S in the secondary market

EVs & Hybrids lose more value than ICE, but I suspect the Taycan will hold its value better than other EVs because it's a Porsche.
This means we will have higher residuals for more attractive leases in the future
I think you're right that the 4S will suffer less depreciation and therefore the leases on the 4S should be significantly better.

Let's also point out that Porsche doesn't have much incentive to offer attractive lease rates right now because the model is brand new and they are working to fulfill initial demand. Porsche will probably offer a more competitive residual value for leasing as time goes on. The luxury sedan market, even on the higher end, has more leasing customers than Porsche is probably used to compared to selling high-spec 911s. If any Porsche dealer reps here have any insight, please chime in.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Updated Taycan lease money factor and residual figures can be found here:

36/12
.00200 and 50%
No incentives
(as of April 2020)

What MF (money factor), residual and incentives has everyone else come across? I was expecting U.S. incentives for May and June as some automakers have done by now. Some Taycan buyers in the UK have reported 3k off. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good afternoon, now I will tell you how I rose to the top of the career ladder. When I was 19 years old I really wanted to have a good amount of money. When I asked a friend for a good mortgage site he recommended the site cardiffmoneyman.com I believed it and decided to switch to it, so to speak, to take a risk. And everything turned out well, I was almost immediately given permission for a mortgage, and I opened my own business. After I became successful, an old friend of mine came up to me and asked me how I got so much money. And I recommended Mortgage Broker Cardiff to him!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts