·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to share my initial impressions:
  1. Ride is superb
  2. Handling very similar to 992
  3. Range average with fairly aggressive daily driver ~235 miles
  4. Electrify America 350kw makes it a no brainer (need more)
  5. Glass roof should have variable tint
  6. 130 top speed cut off is too low (150 needed)...passing its easy to top out quickly
  7. No wireless Apple Car Play sucks
  8. Overall a 9.5 out of 10...Porsche nailed it. Can't wait for variants.
  9. This is my first EV and i'm converted. This will only get better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wanted to share my initial impressions:
  1. Ride is superb
  2. Handling very similar to 992
  3. Range average with fairly aggressive daily driver ~235 miles
  4. Electrify America 350kw makes it a no brainer (need more)
  5. Glass roof should have variable tint
  6. 130 top speed cut off is too low (150 needed)...passing its easy to top out quickly
  7. No wireless Apple Car Play sucks
  8. Overall a 9.5 out of 10...Porsche nailed it. Can't wait for variants.
  9. This is my first EV and i'm converted. This will only get better. View attachment 2347
Beautiful config. Congrats. Agree with all your impressions. Have had mine for just over a week. Getting a good feel for the handling. Accelerate aggressively coming out of the apex - amazing.

·
Super Moderator
778 Posts
Damn that looks good!

Congratulations!

I know a few folks have said the glass roof doesn't make the cabin too hot, and they were from Phoenix and Houston. I was surprised to hear it actually. Do you find heat is an issue? Or just too bright?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn that looks good!

Congratulations!

I know a few folks have said the glass roof doesn't make the cabin too hot, and they were from Phoenix and Houston. I was surprised to hear it actually. Do you find heat is an issue? Or just too bright?
No heat at all at least not noticeable. The tint is good but variable would be ideal. Its not too bright in my view.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beautiful config. Congrats. Agree with all your impressions. Have had mine for just over a week. Getting a good feel for the handling. Accelerate aggressively coming out of the apex - amazing.
Yup, hammer down coming out it slides controllably. Only thing is you can Def feel the weight. When batteries go solid state and lose the weight it'll be a game changer.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Beautiful looking car @Joe F! Have you had any issues with Electrify America's chargers or has everything gone smooth? Sometimes they can be finicky.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beautiful looking car @Joe F! Have you had any issues with Electrify America's chargers or has everything gone smooth? Sometimes they can be finicky.
Thx! So far the car is delivering on every cylinder. EA has worked well once I figured it all out. I have they account and charge point and EV Go. Love the ease via phone app. Really cool but then again this is all new to me.
Currently at vacation home and have CP three blocks from house and did an overnight. Car showed 262 mile range at 100%. It’s seems to adjust to my driving characteristics. It’s been increasing steadily. How EPA got 201 is just not possible and I’m 80-100 on HY where we live.

EA 350kv are amazing and work as advertised.

so far so good

·
Registered
602 Posts
Thx! So far the car is delivering on every cylinder. EA has worked well once I figured it all out. I have they account and charge point and EV Go. Love the ease via phone app. Really cool but then again this is all new to me.
Currently at vacation home and have CP three blocks from house and did an overnight. Car showed 262 mile range at 100%. It’s seems to adjust to my driving characteristics. It’s been increasing steadily. How EPA got 201 is just not possible and I’m 80-100 on HY where we live.

so far so good
Great stuff to hear, especially with the chargers. Is this going to be a daily driver for you?

·
Super Moderator
778 Posts

so far so good
Yup, those EPA ranges are totally messed up

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have had my turbo for three weeks and it’s an awesome car. i have owned three Tesla’s - one model S and two Model X as well as a 911 and a Panamera. Porsche App and electronics suck compared to Tesla and even lag behind Mercedes. Build Quality and Driving Dynamics are Porsche‘s strength and in the Tycan they did not disappoint. I am hoping electrify America will build out there fast charging network because currently it is anemic -even worse than Tesla’s network in 2016 when I bought my first model x. Four years later Tesla super chargers are everywhere and there’s never a wait on the east coast where I live. Using EA you may have to drive thirty minutes outside of your normal route and then find out there is only one working fast charger and a chevy volt got there before you so you have to wait. Not a car you can drive long distance without a lot of patience for charging. Bottom line is car looks great and drives great but Porsche needs to get there act together on the software side.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Totally agree - car is dead killer - no comparison to Tesla - never really intended to be. Software is Meh - and will improve and charge network will become more robust in time. Need more 350kw - no question. Local driving no issue, but distance does require planning. We have a second home 2 hr away and just happen to have a EA station half way. Works great, but I knew that when I purchased this car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Totally agree - car is dead killer - no comparison to Tesla - never really intended to be. Software is Meh - and will improve and charge network will become more robust in time. Need more 350kw - no question. Local driving no issue, but distance does require planning. We have a second home 2 hr away and just happen to have a EA station half way. Works great, but I knew that when I purchased this car.
I have silver with mission e wheels also - normally I like dark blue cars but for me the Tycan‘s lines were not as prominent in the Darker colors. Car looks best in my opinion in lighter colors like silver or white.

·
Registered
2020 Taycan Turbo - Gentian Blue
39 Posts
I am hoping electrify America will build out there fast charging network because currently it is anemic -even worse than Tesla’s network in 2016 when I bought my first model x. Four years later Tesla super chargers are everywhere and there’s never a wait on the east coast where I live. Using EA you may have to drive thirty minutes outside of your normal route and then find out there is only one working fast charger and a chevy volt got there before you so you have to wait. Not a car you can drive long distance without a lot of patience for charging. Bottom line is car looks great and drives great but Porsche needs to get there act together on the software side.
This is really dependent on where you live. I'm in the midwest with both Tesla and Taycan and L3 charging options are darn near the same for the cities I've driven too or mapped out. People have to look in their area and evaluate based on what they drive or plan to drive or want to be able to drive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts