Taycan Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
871 Posts
Mine is still not working. Any additional input from other forum members with this same issue?

·
Registered
2021 Taycan RWD
7 Posts
I just took delivery of my new 2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo this past week. The car is also missing the electronic steering wheel adjustment, and a second key fob as well. My dealer gave me the same answer as PDACPS's -- that there is a critical computer chip shortage, including chips needed for these two parts. I will be notified as soon as the dealer receives the necessary parts from Porsche, although no one had any idea when the fixes might be completed.
I’m in the same boat, one key, manual steering wheel adjustment. Dealer says computer chip, supply chain issues. No biggie, but a little annoying.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’m in the same boat, one key, manual steering wheel adjustment. Dealer says computer chip, supply chain issues. No biggie, but a little annoying.
I am fine with the missing items. I am enjoying the car and usually the second key sits at home. I have the steering where I like it so not a big deal and I do not think I will ever put the phone in the charger as I like it more readily accessible. Still trying to find a place to mount a holder that I like.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
871 Posts
I am fine with the missing items. I am enjoying the car and usually the second key sits at home. I have the steering where I like it so not a big deal and I do not think I will ever put the phone in the charger as I like it more readily accessible. Still trying to find a place to mount a holder that I like.
Does your seat move back when you open the door?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
871 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine does the same exact thing.
Hi all, after coming across this thread, I noticed that my steering column doesn't retract either! Must have been the case for a while, and I haven't bothered to notice it. Exactly the same, my seat moves back, but the column doesn't raise. It certainly used to work before the software update.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
871 Posts
Hi all, after coming across this thread, I noticed that my strong column doesn't retraction either! Must have been the case for a while, and I haven't bothered to notice it. Exactly the same, my seat moves back, but the column doesn't raise. It certainly used to work before the software update.
Hi all, after coming across this thread, I noticed that my strong column doesn't retraction either! Must have been the case for a while, and I haven't bothered to notice it. Exactly the same, my seat moves back, but the column doesn't raise. It certainly used to work before the software update.
That's interesting. My car did not have the software update and I've had that issue since day one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Making sure I am not passing bad information; I have the manual steering column. It has a lever on the left side and I can adjust it up and down and pull the wheel towards me or push it back. Due to the chip shortage, my car did not get the powered column. They will retrofit it once the chips become available. My seat moves back when I power down the car to ease exit.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
871 Posts
Seems like a lot of people are in the same boat b

21 - 30 of 30 Posts